Excellent opportunity for Investigating Officer based in Belfast.
Post: Investigating Officer
Responsible to: Director of Investigations
Responsible for: Administrative staff (as appropriate)
Salary: £30,526 – £32,157 (under review)
Method of Selection: Application form (AF); Written exercise (WE); Interview (I)
Qualifications and experience
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with significant experience where conducting highly complex investigations or analysis was an integral part of your role (AF)
- 2 years’ significant experience where conducting highly complex investigations or analysis was an integral part of your role; (AF)
- Experience of drafting detailed written reports involving analysis of large volumes of information; (AF,WE, I)
- Experience of carrying out challenging interviews to obtain/gather evidence. (I)
- Knowledge of good investigative practices and approaches; (I)
- Demonstrable understanding of the requirements of the role. (AF)
Job related skills and attributes
- Excellent organisational and planning skills including the ability to manage a complex workload and competing priorities and to work under pressure to tight timescales; (AF, WE, I)
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify and assimilate relevant facts and evidence and critically examine information and issues to arrive at well-reasoned and appropriate decisions. Also, identify and interpret relevant legislation, regulations or procedural requirements; (WE, I)
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with robust challenge from complainants or public service providers whilst showing appropriate empathy; (I)
- Ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment and to draw evidence-based conclusions in handling complex issues in a sensitive and high-profile environment; (I)
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to write clearly and effectively and capture all important facts and opinions in drafting detailed letters, reports, submissions and policy documents; (WE, I);
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to continuous improvement. (I)
Please click here for full job specification
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
The closing date for the return of completed application forms is 12 noon on Friday 4 October 2019.
NIPSO is committed to the merit principle in respect of all appointments. NIPSO is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified applicants.