The HR Officer will be responsible for providing comprehensive and pragmatic advice and support on a range of HR matters to managers and employees in line with legislation and Extra Care’s policies and procedures. To assist in the delivery of Extra Care’s HR Strategy.
- Liaise with and support the Recruitment Officer as required in the delivery of the Recruitment Plan.
- Assist in the Induction and Mandatory Training process to ensure all Care Workers complete mandatory training on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively manage all types of absence in accordance with Extra Care’s policies and procedures.
- Manage Extra Care’s disciplinary processes as appropriate, supporting managers and ensuring compliance.
- Contribute to the review, revision and development of HR related policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of HR resources, staff handbooks, templates and HR guidance as appropriate.
- Assist in HR specific projects as required.
- Assist in the development of employee engagement activities.
- Undertake HR administrative duties as required.
- Provide coaching, support and assistance to Managers and Team Leaders in relation to HR Policies and Procedures.
- Display excellent communication skills in all interactions with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with other support services within Extra Care i.e. Finance, Quality etc.
Information and Communication
- Maintain confidentiality of HR information at all times.
- Contribute to HR related Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure HR electronic records are maintained and updated regularly.
- Assist in the management of documentation in relation to employees.
- Assist in the completion of statutory reports including Annual Monitoring Return and Article 55 Review.
- Represent Extra Care in professional manner at all internal and external meetings.
- Contribute to compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements with particular focus on HR practices.
- Assist in the registration of staff to ensure regulatory compliance.
Health and Safety
- Contribute to the implementation of the Health and Safety Policy within the organisation.
- Assist in the management of accident and incident reporting as appropriate.
- Work closely with other members of the HR Team.
- Deputise for Head of HR as requested.
- Proactively contribute to meetings as appropriate.
- Establish constructive, professional working relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Promote Team working across Extra Care.
- Promote the Mission and Values of Extra Care.
The above detail is a description of the main duties but is not intended to be exhaustive. It is important to note that the responsibilities may change to meet the evolving needs of Extra Care.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Human Resource Management or a related discipline (or equivalent).
- CIPD membership.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a generalist HR role.
- Proven experience of employee relations e.g. investigations, disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence management, performance management.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current NI employment legislation and codes of practice and experience of providing compliance advice.
- Demonstrable experience of building constructive working relationships with colleagues and a proven record as a team player.
- Excellent IT, verbal and written communication skills.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- A level Five CIPD qualification in Human Resource Management or a related discipline (or equivalent).
- Experience in a Health and Social Care setting.
- Experience of PAMS HR software.
- Experience of delivering training.
- Experience in managing Health and Safety.
- Experience of dealing with Trade Unions.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
We prefer to hire people directly, however we do have a preferred supplier list for when we would like assistance in filling vacant positions.