HR Officer - banking
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about HR and all employee matters to join our HR Team. Working with the Operational Team for Lloyds Banking & RBS, to provide advice on all E.R matters whilst engaging with employees to promote a harmonious and engaging working environment.
This position will be based between our Belfast city centre office and our Stranmillis office
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about HR and all employee matters to join our HR Team. The successful person will work with our Operational Team to provide advice on all employee relation matters whilst engaging with employees to promote a harmonious and engaging working environment.
The successful candidate will be based in our Belfast contact centre in the City Centre.
The jobholder will report to the Senior Human Resource Manager
- To advise managers on all aspects of employee relations, both informal & formal levels, ensuring consistent approach across all functions
- To act as panel member/advisor within disciplinary/grievance meetings
- Produce all related paper work in relation to disciplinary/grievance meetings
- Take lead role in coordination of investigatory meetings leading from employee complaints (i.e. Bullying & Harassment)
- Drive & lead other employee relation activities, running HR workshops/ Employee feedback skips
- Liaise with the Engagement Executive to review onsite engagement initiatives are in line with the People First strategy
- Train managers/employees on implementation of HR related policies through workshops as and when required
- Liaise with the SAP team to ensure data entry to HR system is accurate and information is updated in a timely manner
- Implement & coordinate new/existing employee benefits, to include communication to the business and administration within HR/Payroll function
- To assist the management team in achieving operational excellence across all sites by ensuring that the recruitment plan is integrated with the overall business plan.
- Assist with recruitment when necessary
- To identify to the HR Manager, areas for improvement within the HR function to include recruitment, payroll, employee relations and other policy and processes and contribute to the formulation and effective implementation of revised policies and procedures in line with changing legislation and/or business requirements
- Produce reports, as required, from the HR and recruitment systems.
- To participate as a member of the HR Team, sharing good practice and knowledge, resolving common issues and ensuring consistency.
- Contribute to the review of employment offer documentation
- Undertake developmental activities across the HR function as dictated by business needs.
- Undertaking ad-hoc project work as
- Previous experience working in a Human Resources role
- CIPD Qualification or working towards CIPD or HR Related degree
- A working knowledge of all employment legislation
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite
- Good organisational skills and able to prioritise workloads.
- Able to foster strong working relationships with staff and senior management.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about people and their development.
- Attention to detail.
- Conscientious, reliable and self-motivated.
- Helpful and approachable, sensitive to confidentiality issues.
- Open and trustworthy.
Salary will be discussed at interview stage
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am until 6pm, however you will be expected to have a degree of flexibility within these hours.