Location UK / Omagh Town Area
Job Type Permanent full-time
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 6 days ago
Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality Manager
LOCATION: Scott & Ewing Group Main Office
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Reporting to the Directors with appropriate advice and guidance regarding the effective management of health, safety, environment and quality so as to secure a continually improving safe operation of all Company sites for all employees and visitors. The HSEQ Manager is expected to be an integral and pro-active member of the operational management team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager will be providing general Health & Safety advice specific to the business needs and continuously advising on safe systems of work.
• Ensuring that the Company is proactive, up to date and complies with Health, Safety & Environmental legislation.
• Developing Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality strategies and to maintain Company Policies and Procedures.
• Carrying out internal audits of the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality processes measuring performance.
• Carrying out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
• Ensuring that all documentation and method statements/risk assessments are up to date.
• The Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager will be developing and maintaining quality management systems in compliance with ISO 9001:2015 /14001:2015 and Safe-T-Cert.
• Increasing Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality awareness to Directors, Managers and employees with training techniques and coaching sessions including toolbox talks and Health, Safety and Environmental inductions.
• Managing reporting and investigation procedures for accidents/incidents to establish the root causes and preventative measures required as well as producing statistics.
• Communicating various findings and to assist in the development of localised improvement plans.
• Ensuring Managers and Foreman’s are focused on delivering a safe working environment providing the necessary management support and technical advice as required.
• Representing and promoting the organisation’s quality and safety performance to third parties (e.g. clients and the Health and Safety Executive NI).
• Supporting the organisational processes and cultures so that Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality issues are not a disqualifying function in the pursuit of business opportunities and improvements are driven into all the products and services that the company deliver by every member of the team.
• Manage and chair regular onsite / offsite employee HSEQ meetings.
• Attend quarterly Board Meetings for submission to the Directors the Total Recordable Incident Rates (TRIR) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of this role.
Required qualifications & skills: The successful candidate must have prior experience in this role and will preferably be:
• Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level, SVQ/NVQ L5 or equivalent with H&S Management Experience, preferably gained in the Construction industry environment.
• Good working knowledge of specific health and safety regulations / legislation / Codes of practice, especially The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2016.
• Highly Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
• Able to effectively lead and manage a team.
• Comfortable operating and communicating at all levels of the organisation.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Internal ISO auditor qualifications
Alternative qualifications and experience may be considered if deemed appropriate
To apply please send your CV via the link below