Fantastic opportunity for a Grounds Maintenance Crew Supervisor based in Belfast.
JOB TITLE: Grounds Maintenance Crew Supervisor
ENTERPRISE: Outwork – a Turnaround Project enterprise
SCALE: £27,688 pro-rata (0.6FTE initially, with potential to extend subject to business expansion)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Turnaround Project Director
LOCATION: Operational base in Belfast, but delivering contracts at various locations
HOURS OF WORK: 21 hours per week initially, with potential to extend subject to business expansion.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Our Grounds Maintenance Supervisors’ primary responsibility is to ensure that our crews deliver for our customers. They ensure that when Outwork commits to delivering a contract, we do so. That involves personal drive and commitment and utilising their skills and personality to get the very best out of the crew that they are leading on the ground.
The Supervisors are also responsible for ensuring that appropriate health and safety measures are in place and observed wherever Outwork’s work crews are deployed.
Working in a small organisation, the Supervisors are also required to work closely with the Director of the Turnaround Project to develop the enterprise and advise on relevant policies and procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To directly supervise all trainees and staff working in Outwork’s work crews.
- To ensure delivery of Outwork’s commitments to our clients, in line with agreed contracts and timescales.
- To ensure that all appropriate health and safety measures are in place to safeguard Outwork’s trainees, staff and anyone else involved on sites in which Outwork’s work crews are deployed; and to contribute to the ongoing development and monitoring of Outwork’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- To identify and provide for the training needs of Outwork trainees and staff (either directly or by working with the Turnaround Project Director to source externally).
- To ensure that all operational equipment is monitored and maintained in line with Outwork policies.
- To liaise with and oversee any external contractor engaged in the delivery of part or all of Outwork’s contracts, including monitoring of standards of work.
- To work with the Turnaround Project Director to estimate and price potential contracts.
- To liaise with other Outwork and Turnaround Project staff to ensure the successful delivery of the Turnaround Project’s wider aim of helping to turn our participants’ lives around.
- To operate at all times to the highest standard of personal behaviour, leading by example to demonstrate the Turnaround Project’s values.
- To develop and maintain positive working relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders to support the ongoing development of the Turnaround Project and delivery of its strategic aims.
- To be prepared to undertake tasks usually assigned to other staff (paid or volunteer) in their absence.
- To support the Director to secure funding contracts to develop the services.
Click here to view full job description