Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time
Updated 7 days ago
We are a global software company with development offices in Belfast.
In Belfast we build out new applications that run on a platform operating at volumes many times higher than stock exchanges. We compete against the world’s biggest tech companies to support Ad Funded businesses. Our customers include many household names in the media and gaming industry.
We are seeking a highly talented Front End Engineer who can contribute brilliantly to our team located in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Every day, our engineers transform online video advertising and solve difficult problems by employing creativity, innovation, and solid technical expertise. We are a fast-paced but casual environment with highly talented peers. The most successful team members are versatile, disciplined, enjoy focusing on new challenges.
The Spotx Publisher Platform is used by thousands of our Publishers to manage their inventory, it includes features such as real time dashboards, activity logs and drag and drop campaign scheduling.
Making an immediate impact:
● Influence both architecture framework and component design of our SpotX Platform
● Help build a fresh modular Angular 2+ application on top of our existing REST API
● Develop new functionality and features free from the constraints of legacy UI
● Collaborating and problem solving
● Working in a scrum team comprised of 4 to 5 Developers
● Participate in sprint planning, estimations, and demos
● Solving complex issues both independently and working closely together as a team
Needed SpotX’er talents:
● Well versed in Angular 2 and understand both how and when to use Angular features
such as Components, Directive and Services.
● Understand the need for a modular application design
● REST, JSON
● Comfortable at a shell prompt such as Unix/Linux experience
● Familiarity with unit testing, continuous integration, TDD, etc.
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
● High Charts
● Bootstrap 4
● Web-scale environments
● Agile development/ Kanban
● Developing personal projects or contributing to open source projects
Company paid social events and treats (e.g. boat trips, bowling, pub quiz, etc)
Subsidised Gym Membership
Active Social Committee
Stocked snack cupboard & beer fridge!
Free Friday breakfasts
Weekly Scone and Fruit delivery
Great work-life balance and flexibility
Great holidays, (25 days plus 10 bank holidays PLUS exceptional extras over Christmas!)
Company pension plan and healthcare
Learn in a fun, casual, team environment
Amazing office location with panoramic views
Free concert viewing from our office overseeing Custom House Square!
Games room – ping pong, pool, games consoles
SpotX Core Values:
Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Initiative, Collaboration, Innovation and Adaptability