Excellent opportunity for a FM Technician based in Mallusk.
FM Technician – Multi-skilled
McLaughlin & Harvey are one of the leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced FM Technician- Multiskilled to join our Facilities Management team.
The successful candidate would be responsible for maintaining and repairing a range of electrical and mechanical plant and equipment including building services across a variety of client locations within Northern Ireland.
- Carry out regular planned preventative maintenance visits on client’s premises, completing reactive tasks and minor repairs as requested by the client.
- Complete a variety of legal compliance electrical testing, including emergency lighting, fire alarm and in-house servicing of equipment.
- Undertake electrical repairs arising from inspections and testing.
- Respond promptly and in a positive manner to service call requests from the Helpdesk and undertake repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed response times and if there are delays, liaise with your Supervisor / Manager for direction.
- Order and maintain materials, tools and equipment, in accordance with company procedures.
- Advise the Helpdesk where 3rd party contractor attendance is needed, either for quotation or to effect specialist repairs, and to provide the job specification.
- Manage the attendance of subcontractors and ensure they complete works to the agreed standards and within budgeted costs.
- Carry out remedial works, minor alterations and installations.
- Advise where capital purchases are needed. Manage surveys and reports.
- Maintain asset registers ensuring all equipment is tagged.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, developing a good working relationship with MCLH Helpdesk and Client site teams.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately, on time and in line with Company procedures.
- Apprentice served Electrician with appropriate City & Guilds qualification.
- Completed; City & Guilds 2382-18 18th Edition Course.
- Achieved; City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection & Testing Course.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office Products / Computer Aided Facilities Management Systems.
- Joint Industry Board (JIB) Recognised.
- Portable Appliances Testing (PAT) qualification.
- Fire Alarm qualification.
- Legionella awareness trained.
- International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) trained.
- Previous employment in a similar role
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website.