Excellent opportunity for Flammability Engineer based in Kilkeel.
Requisition ID: 472378
RESPONSIBLE TO: Engineering Team Leader
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week. Hours of work will be 8:30am – 5:15pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am – 1:00pm Friday. The post holder may be required at times to work outside his/her normal working hours for the effective performance of the duties of the post
Responsible for all technical aspects of flammability relating to researching & introducing new materials and developing the understanding of flammability performance for a range of composite components used with the aircraft interiors business.
- Operate as the primary technical expert on the flammability of composite materials; provide technical support, both internal and external to further understanding and minimise the risk of flammability failures on all new and current programs.
- Continually seek to evolve the state of the art in terms of composite materials and manufacturing processes and develop such through the qualification process focusing on improved flammability performance.
- Working closely with the Engineering Teams providing subject matter expertise to ensure that developed products minimise flammability risk and meet test requirements.
- Further the understanding of flammability certification, documentation and requirements within the Engineering Teams.
- Drive direction, collaboration and knowledge sharing on all matters relating to flammability performance, compliance and material qualification within the wider organisation.
- Contributing to culture of continuous improvement within the unit
- Any other duties as required to support business needs.
- Technical Expertise; recognised subject matter expert in flammability performance and certification of composite materials.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: develop technical solutions to complex problems, making quality business decisions based on facts and implement effective corrective & preventative actions which are in line with changing business requirements.
- Results & Execution; consistently delivers against goals and objectives through managing risk and monitoring progress.
- Communication Skills: excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships, influence and ensure buy-in at all levels to deliver program and strategic objectives.
- Team working; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually or as part of a team and ensure diversity is valued.
- Project Management; ability to initiate, develop and manage the implementation of new materials while meeting project schedules.
- A degree qualification with a classification of 2.1 or higher in Materials, Chemistry, Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering or related.
- A minimum of two years working experience or three years research experience in the area of Composites, Materials, Chemistry, Engineering or related.
- A minimum of two years working experience in the area of certification in an aerospace environment.
- A minimum of two years working experience or three years research experience in New Product Introduction within an Engineering / Manufacturing Environment.
- A minimum of two years project management experience from initial research to implementation.
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
Closing date for online applications is Monday 30th September 2019 at Midnight.