Excellent opportunity for a Fire and Security Service Manager.
- To develop and manage a team of service engineers and support staff whilst ensuring all customers receive a responsive and reliable service to meet and exceed expectations whilst making best possible use of resources
- To provide field and in-house support to the service engineering team and to ensure that the organisation’s values are represented so that service and maintenance income is increased and that all reporting staff are suitably trained and aware of their responsibilities.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day to day management of relevant service and maintenance engineers, technicians and trainee’s workflow.
- Management of the customer helpdesk on all on-going and proposed works.
- Ensuring engineering and administrative adherence to use of the CASH service and installation monitoring system.
- Monthly reporting of all service and maintenance figures as required for the management team.
- Scheduling and managing meetings with all key maintenance clients and developing those relationships.
- Managing the scheduling of planned maintenance works and agreeing timescales with relevant clients.
- Developing “Small Works” including control of commissioning and customer handover procedures.
- Providing quotes to customers ensuring accuracy and profitability
- Managing the stock requirement of the service and maintenance team, ensuring sufficient and correct stock levels for any planned or emergency call-outs.
- Ensuring engineer availability and that they keep their vehicles clean and tidy.
- Involvement and reporting into the health and safety and environmental systems of the company.
- Performing periodic but at least annual skills assessments for the service and maintenance team and maintaining associated records.
- Undertaking periodic Installation, Service and Maintenance audits in the field.
- Subcontractor management and cost-control.
- Monitoring and knowledge transfer of relevant British and Industry related standards.
- Representing the organisation during external audits.
- Production of Information Bulletins or notifications to alert field staff to essential internal technical information and updates from manufacturers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of HNC, (HND preferred) or comparable relevant industry experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the following Security Industry disciplines: Access Control, CCTV, Fire Detection, Intrusion Detection.
- Detail oriented organiser with good people management skills.
- A customer facing, dynamic individual with the ability to work in, and manage a team
- Experience of working in a customer service environment, ideally within the Fire, Security and Life Safety industry
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Effective use of IT, (knowledge of CASH software would be beneficial)
- Understanding of auditing processes, for both internal and external audits
- Experience of preparing and presenting appropriate reports
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands, good prioritisation skills
- Effective time management skills
- The ability to effectively support colleagues and to work independently without supervision
- To effectively manage, motivate and encourage best performance from your team
- Full driving licence with less than 5 points
- Can do’ attitude, with an aptitude for problem solving and a high level of common sense
- Must Pass BS7858:2012 Employment Screening and Security Vetting