Vacancy for a Part Time Finance Officer working out of our Head Office in Antrim.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the day to day financial records of Extra Care are maintained in a timely, efficient and accurate manner ensuring that all ‘customers’ (both internal and external) receive a high level of service. Additionally, the Finance Officer will be available to provide support to the rest of the finance team, as required.
This is the ideal position for someone wishing to embed their accounting experience in a fast-paced environment and to be part of a dynamic team in which they are encouraged to develop and challenge existing practice.
Flexible working hours Monday – Friday (25 hours per week)
- Preparation and processing of sales invoices.
- Maintenance of the sales ledger including setting up new accounts when appropriate.
- Aged debt reconciliation
- Credit control
- Maintenance of the purchase order register
- Preparation of purchase orders
- Processing of supplier invoices including matching to purchase orders and posting to purchase ledger
- Maintenance of the purchase ledger including the preparation of supplier statement reconciliations
- Preparing and posting supplier payments
Bank & Cash
- Processing income, bank lodgements and credit control including issuing remittance advice
- Preparation and processing of all sundry payments and bank transfers
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Petty cash
- Cash flow projections
- Assisting with the maintenance of Care Free in matters relating to accounts.
- Supporting the work of the Payroll Officer and providing cover in their absence
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Management Accountant or Head of Finance
- Ensuring that duties are carried out in accordance with the Charity’s financial procedures.
Detailed List of Duties / Tasks
- Maintenance and set-up of PL accounts
- Raising purchase orders
- Matching of invoices to purchase orders
- Posting invoices to Pegasus Opera
- Maintain purchase order register
- Preparation of suggested payments report
- Processing PL payments and creation of BACS file
- Sending out remittances
- Processing of sundry payments
- Allocating payments and credit notes
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Reconciliation of Aged Creditors
- Closing Purchase Ledger
- Maintenance and set-up of accounts in Opera
- Set-up funders in Carefree
- Amend charge rates in Carefree
- Calculation of income due from and Invoicing of 4 x health trusts
- Invoicing of private clients
- Preparation of variance analysis
- Reconcile Aged Debtors
- Closing ledger
- Posting BACS and cheque receipts and posting of same
- Investigation of short falls in receipts and raising / posting of credit notes
- Posting of bank lodgements
- Posting non-sale receipts, sundry payments and bank transfers
- Reconciliation of bank accounts x 2
- Maintain and post petty cash
- Simple cash flow projections
- Maintain schedule of daily cash balances
- Maintenance and set-up of nominal accounts
- Transfer of wages, cashbook, sales ledger and purchase ledger files
- Set-up of monthly recurring journals and backup schedules
- Preparation on monthly prepayments
- Preparation of monthly accruals
- Posting of NL journals
- Updating monthly management account schedules
- Analysis of variances on P&L expenses
- Carry out backups of Pegasus Opera
- Deputising for payroll officer in their absence
- Submission of monthly management pensions
- Analysis of APD payroll cost
- Dealing with opera problems
The above is given as a broad range of duties and is not intended to be a complete description of all tasks. It is important to note that the responsibilities may change to meet the evolving needs of the services that Extra Care provides.
A NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
We prefer to hire people directly, however we do have a preferred supplier list for when we would like assistance in filling vacant positions.