Excellent opportunity for an Executive Sous Chef.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week- Any 5 days out of 7 per week (This role will involve working shifts, evenings, and weekends)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time contract
Key Duties will include:
- Helping the Executive Head Chef manage the smooth and efficient operation of the Kitchen, ensuring the Hotel’s reputation for food quality is always maintained.
- Ensuring the planning, preparation, cooking and presentation of food is to the standard required by the Hotel and its guests.
- Helping the Executive Head Chef manage the culinary budget and kitchen expenditure.
- Ensuring Company policies relating to stock management and stock ordering are implemented and monitored, taking appropriate action to resolve problems.
- Ensuring the hotel complies with all matters relating to food hygiene regulations, environmental health laws and all other relevant legislation.
- Ensuring the Hotel’s 5* hygiene score is maintained.
- Ensuring the security of the kitchen and storage areas is maintained at all times.
- Ensuring all kitchen employees receive appropriate training, coaching and development to meet the Hastings’ standard.
- Ensuring Hastings’ quality standards and procedures are fully understood, implemented and regularly reviewed, and that formal and informal feedback is delivered to ensure continual improvement.
- Conducting team meetings on a regular basis to communicate standards required, targets and company information.
- Ensuring all kitchen areas, fixtures and equipment are properly maintained and presented to the Hastings’ standard.
- Working effectively with colleagues across departments to ensure a harmonious working environment where all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- To assist with the recruitment, selection and utilisation of kitchen employees to achieve the optimum use of employee resource in line with business peaks and troughs.
- To contribute to the development of the hotel business plan, projects and initiatives to continually develop the hotel business and market position.
- Carrying out any other duties as required.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Applicants must have previous experience as a Sous Chef preferably gained within a 4/5 star Hotel or similar quality establishment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Food Hygiene, Environmental Health and Safety and HACCP legislation.
- High standards of attention to quality and speed.
- Ability to work under pressure within a team.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent staff training and development opportunities
- Discounted staff rates in our Spa and gift shop
- Discounted accommodation rates in all of the Hastings properties • New uniform • Free Staff meals provided while on duty
- 29 days’ annual leave per annum which increases to 31 days’ after 2 years.
- Free Car Parking
Apply for this role by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
Closing Date for this post is 31/09/19