Excellent opportunity for a Executive Head Chef based in Holywood
Job Title: Executive Head Chef
Working Hours: 35 hours per week- Any 5 days out of 7 per week (This role will involve working shifts, evenings, and weekends)
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time contract
This is an excellent opportunity to work with the senior management team to proactively develop and maintain a customer centered culture and drive behavioural change through encouraging others to seek and act on feedback, contributing to discussions and planning across the business and outside of your own department in order to further benefit the business as a whole and ensuring effective communication at the appropriate level to the senior team at all times, bringing to the attention of the General Manager or nominated Deputy any matter which relates to the success of the business.
Key Duties will include:
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and be responsible for a smooth and efficient service, maintaining communication with the Food and Beverage Management with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- To ensure that the company’s reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To control portion size and monitor waste.
- To manage the ordering, storage and rotation of stock in line with company policies and to minimise waste and maximise freshness and value of the food product, communicating effectively with the purchasing manager and head office as required.
- To maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information as required by the company.
- Ensure that all departments and key personnel are briefed on menu items, communicating all relevant provenance, allergen, nutritional and other distinctive information, especially for new items.
- To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen.
- To be responsible for submitting staff Rota and forecasting information in a timely fashion.
Elements of Guest Service:
- To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently met exceeded.
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To ensure all food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards, using innovation in the method and style of presentation and food service.
- To ensure that you deliver what you promise to the customer, client and team.
- To deal with complaints about food in accordance with the company’s procedure.
Elements of Staff Management:
- Be responsible for making and distributing the Rota for Chef’s and KP’s in line with the staffing budget and manage annual leave commitments appropriately for self and all team members.
- To lead and motivate team members through effective communication, training and development, in accordance with company policies and relevant employment legislation, ensuring HR procedures are followed.
- Be responsible for the distribution and management of team member workload.
- To ensure all kitchen staff and high-risk food handlers are trained to the appropriate standard.
Elements of Budget Management:
- To provide input into the preparation of annual budgets, agreeing and implementing the appropriate mechanisms to effectively manage costs and all factors affecting the profitable performance of the kitchens; ensuring appropriate plans are created, agreed, communicated, implemented, and reviewed.
- To be responsible for managing your staffing budget and delivering to agreed targets.
- To maintain all relevant budgetary records and ensure that budgets are adhered to.
- To maintain and strengthen the Estates’ commitment to having a well presented, well trained and efficient workforce that reflects and affirms the diversity of the community.
- To liaise with and utilise the support of suppliers and other external contacts as appropriate.
- To seek and continuously develop knowledge relating to the industry sector and competitor activity, to provide input into future plans and activities, and so maintain market position.
- To ensure an effective and safe working environment is maintained in compliance with appropriate legislation, such as Licensing Laws, Health & Safety, and other statutory requirements.
- Any other duty as directed by the General Manager.
What you will need (Essential Criteria):
Reporting to the General Manager, this challenging yet exciting position provides a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and confident individual who can make a significant contribution to company profits and profile we require you to:
- Be a dynamic, innovative, passionate, and resilient, modern day commercially focused leader.
- A standard driven self-starter and completer, who inspires your team to deliver an exceptional guest experience synonymous with the Hastings’ brand.
- Have strong commercial acumen; experienced in managing budgets, revenue forecasts, cost control and profit delivery.
- Have 3 years’ experience of providing restaurant style food, as well as weddings, functions, conference, and banqueting duties.
- 3 years or more similar previous experience within a 4/5 star hotel, and be able to demonstrate strong people management and leadership capabilities across all hotel and Estate operations.
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Discounted team member rates in our Spa and Gift Shop
- Discounted Accommodation rates in all the Hastings Properties
- 29 days’ annual leave per annum which increases to 31 days’ after 2 years.
- Free team member meals provided while on duty
- Free Car Parking
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
Closing date – 26th September 2019
Applications must include details of qualifications and experience to date and must clearly state how candidates meet the criteria.