Excellent opportunity for a EUC Remote Desktop Support based in Belfast
Job title:E UC Remote Desktop Support
Responsible to EUC Service Delivery Manager
Main purpose of the job
To provide remote deskside technical support and advisory service of EUC devices, including resolving and enabling the resolution of incidents, problems, requests, events, support the development new solutions or enhancements, configuration testing, implementing new hardware and associated software.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as 2nd or 3rd Line support for all EUC technical incidents through to resolution.
- To work with EUC Team in the Belfast office and to liaise with site-based engineers in Cambridge.
- Create knowledgebase articles where repeated incidents are logged for Service Desk Analysts to increase 1st time Fix.
- Proactive in providing resolution to common incidents to reduce call volumes
- You will resolve requests, incidents, problems and major incidents assigned to the Service Delivery team within service level agreements.
- To log and follow up issues that have been raised with 3rd party support teams where appropriate
- Support, manage, optimise and maintain the configuration and installation of the Desktop, to include patch updates and hardware replacements
- Analyse Service Desk calls for EUC Devices and incident data to identify and advise on any potential user training requirement.
- Assist SCCM Engineers with the development of regular Windows 10 Images right through to Production deployment
- Assist with the Windows 10 Semi-Annual planning and deployment schedule including assisting with application testing planning with the new feature’s releases.
- Monitor security profiles and anti-virus software on Desktop devices and take appropriate action in the event of non-compliance with security requirements
Please note that this job description is subject to ongoing review as new demands and best working practises are considered, agreed and implemented.
Experience and skills:
- Previous experience of onsite support
- Knowledge and experience on windows operating systems
- Experience on EUC tools, remote support tools, MS office and outlook.
- Experience on peripheral devices support (printers, scanners etc)
- Good Knowledge of System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) Administration and Troubleshooting
- Windows 10 as a Service , Patch Management and Application Deployment using SCCM
- Knowledgeable in AD & Group Policy
- Ivanti Workspace Manager products suite (Application Control, Environment Manager)
- Awareness of ITIL process of Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and related activities
- Certification in Microsoft Technologies
- Experience with Service management, ServiceNow
- Knowledgeable in AD
- Experience supporting HP and MAC devices and tablets
- An understanding of SCCM Image management & deployment
- Articulate and a clear communicator
- Be a customer advocate
- Have the ability to converse technical terms and definitions to non technical personnel
- Meticulous with excellent attention to detail
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to the job.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability work with minimum supervision, perform under pressure and remain highly effective.
- Consistently demonstrate professionalism creating a high level of customer satisfaction
Internal training on products and services will be provided. However, staff are expected to consistently keep abreast of new developments, which would impact on their areas of responsibility. Personal training in relation to this job description will be given as part of the company’s overall personnel development program.
Conditions of Employment Salary:
The salary and benefits for this position will be determined according to the experience of the person appointed.
The nominal working week is 37.5 hours, although a degree of flexibility is both offered and expected. In specific circumstances there may be a requirement to work additional hours. Annual holidays are 24 days plus 7 statutory holidays.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing date 15th August 2019
Novosco Ltd operates a Non Smoking Policy.
Novosco Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Applicants are advised that Security Clearance or Access NI Basic Disclosure will be requested to assist with the decision making process. Disclosure information will not be used unfairly and criminal records will not necessarily prevent you from being successful in your application. A copy of Novosco’s policy on ‘The Recruitment of Ex-offenders’ and ‘The Secure Handling, Use, Storage and Retention of Disclosure Information’ is available to all applicants on request