Excellent opportunity for an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor based in Saintfield Co. Down
Cunningham Stone Masonry Limited are one of the leading stone masonry companies in Northern Ireland and operate in both Ireland and UK. An opportunity for an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor looking to further their career within a well-known and respected specialist stone contracting company.
- To prepare cost estimates and tenders, from receipt of enquiry to tender submission which may include preparing accurate bills of quantitates from drawings and specifications.
- To assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines.
- Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations.
- Negotiating and obtaining competitive quotes from suppliers.
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs and review potential Value Engineering options.
- Monitor the enquiry process and submission quotation dates.
- Managing and valuing variation accounts.
- Attend relevant meetings/site visits.
- Help develop costing systems and quotation templates
- Site measure for tendering purposes.
- Dealing with sales enquiries.
- Educated to HND/HNC level with a minimum of 1 years estimating/quantity surveying work experience as well as a qualification in estimating or quantity surveying.
- Degree Qualified 2:1 level or above and chartered in relevant discipline.
- Construction Experience
- Commercial Awareness
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- High levels of organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent numerical, IT and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast moving Environment
- Ability to work on initiative with minimum supervision
- Good knowledge of construction contracts particularly JCT & NEC Form
- The successful candidate would be expected to travel.
An attractive salary/package will be offered to the successful candidate based on experience and qualifications held.
Please forward your CV via the APPLY button below.