Excellent opportunity for Electrical Engineering Team Leader based in Kilkeel.
Requisition ID: 472396
Engineering Team Leader
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week. Hours of work will be 8:30am – 5:15pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am – 1:00pm Friday. The post holder may be required at times to work outside his/her normal working hours for the effective performance of the duties of the post.
Lead and support a team of Electrical Test Technicians in engaging and consulting with field service engineers and Program Management representatives to preempt assembly issues which can affect our manufacturing process, identify solutions and support production in a timely manner to maintain a high level of productivity.
- As the first line manager for a team of Electrical Test Technicians provide leadership and direction in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Develop the team and individuals’ skills to support the business goals and manage performance using the Company’s tools and systems
- Identify training needs and implement training plan to ensure team can support the needs of the business
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of Engineering talent.
- Liaise between Electrical Vendors, manufacturing, Quality and Engineering.
- Support daily operations onsite leading the team in problem solving electrical testing issues
- Support the development of annual department goals and generate implementation plans to deliver against agreed targets
- Develop and improve Electrical Engineering processes
- Promote and support a safe working environment in line with Company objectives.
- Encourage cross departmental collaboration and knowledge sharing throughout the business.
- Any other duties as required to support business needs.
- Business Acumen; makes quality business decisions based on data and facts, not emotion, and weighs alternative solutions
- Change Management; actively supports and manages change strategy into a workable plan and guides execution of the plan
- Customer Intimacy; manages customer growth, loyalty and satisfaction
- Leadership; leads, develops and motivates the team to deliver results within the policies and procedures of the organisation
- Execution; effectively and efficiently manages processes, projects, and systems
- Relationship Building; builds positive working and collaborative working relations with direct reports and peer groups
- Strategic Management; knows how to identify and focus on the most critical high impact issues required for the organisation to be successful
- Third level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline preferably Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in Manufacturing Environment
- Previous experience coaching, mentoring and leading small teams
- Working knowledge of IFE systems
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience of applying structured Problem Solving activities
- Relevant management training
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
Closing date: 22nd September 2019