Excellent opportunity for a Duty and Events Officer based in Belfast.
Reporting to the Head of Visitor Attraction, the Duty and Events Officer will assist in the successful delivery of our signature events programme, destination events and our Visitor Attraction operations. They will work closely with the Visitor Attraction Experience Manager to ensure members of the Visitor Experience team deliver the excellence upholding a 5-star Visitor Attraction.
The Duty and Events Officer will also act as one of the key support roles within the Duty Management team, acting as Duty Manager for the Visitor Attraction and Events.
Key Job Information:
Contract: Permanent Annualised Hours. This involves working a set number of hours over the year, rather than per week. Longer hours may be worked over our busy high season months, and less hours may be worked during our slightly quieter low season months.
Hours: Average of 40 hours per working week (must be fully flexible across the week to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts)
Reporting to: Head of Visitor Attraction
Location: Titanic Belfast building
Interview date: Assessment centre: Tuesday 1st October 2019
Individual interviews: Wednesday 9th October 2019
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Titanic Belfast at event planning meetings as required
- Act as day-to day contact for event projects both internally and externally
- Attend weekly operations meeting
- Compliance with the Titanic Belfast Health and Safety and Manual Handling Policies and Procedures
- Proactive and positive approach to embracing organisational Health and Safety culture
- To undertake your duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of Titanic Belfast
- As Duty Manager ensure your interactions with and the management of your team are of the very highest professional standards and in line with the culture and standards of the organisation.
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with all GDPR / Data Protection related policies and procedures
- Other duties as delegated by the Head of Visitor Attraction or any other person designated in their absence.
The types of events will be commercial and non-commercial and will include exhibitions, workshops, lectures, festivals and large-scale concerts.
- Working with clients and stakeholders to plan and co-ordinate all aspects of the specific event, to include event description and brief, logistics, timings, budget, technical requirements, staffing, security, cleaning, H&S, contingency strategies and debrief to ensure the best possible delivery.
- Liaise with internal departments and relevant external stakeholders on the accurate briefing of all events.
- Support the senior management team in the strategic planning and delivery of a signature events programme and destination events.
- Support the Visitor Attraction Experience Manager in planning internal events and ensure the Visitor Experience Crew are ready to deliver 5-star customer service.
- To liaise with multi agencies and to keep up to date with current legislation in relation to the delivery of events.
- To identify, precure and manage third party contractors to support the delivery of events including their responsibilities under CDM regulations.
- To assist the Head of Visitor Attraction in the development of all Event Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures in relation to Titanic Belfast events programme.
- In conjunction with the Visitor Experience Resource Manager, the Duty and Events Officer will be responsible for preparing event rotas including event security, cleaning and first aid.
- Responsible for the preparation of all plans in relation to events facilitated at Titanic Belfast.
- To support the Head of Visitor Attraction in relation to working towards accreditations and quality standards.
- Development and fostering of key supplier relationships (internal and external)
- Demonstrate to clients and suppliers a passion for event management and delivery.
- Prepare and host site visits as required to a 5-star standard.
- Maintain a high standard of communication to all our event organisers, suppliers, clients and internal teams.
- Maintain accurate event records, including contracts and budgets.
To participate as part of the core Duty Management team acting as Duty Manager for the Visitor Attraction and/or Events teams. As Duty Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth operation of all activities pertaining to front-of-house areas and will be responsible for the health and safety of members of the public, visitors, staff, etc.
Within the Duty Management function, the Duty and Events Officer will be responsible for overseeing all daily operations within both Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic Belfast, to include but not limited to:
- Pre-opening checks
- Daily briefings of crew
- 5-star customer service levels
- Complaint handling
- Incident management
- Health and safety including evacuation strategy
- Daily debrief
- Front-of-house standards
- Uniform presentation of crew
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- 3rd level qualification in International Hospitality and Tourism, Event Management or a business-related subject.
- A minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience in the organisation, operation and administration of venues and events.
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate specific examples of the aspects of such experience including events/duty management, administration and front-of-house administration.
- Experience in producing robust event, evacuation and health and safety plans.
- Proven ability to respond positively to a pressurised environment and adopt a positive solution-based approach to problem solving
- IT literate with report writing skills.
- Knowledge of the local events industry including charity, arts and commercial events
- Good understanding of the leisure, hospitality and tourism sector across Northern Ireland
- First aid qualification
- Event industry awareness
- Research, information gathering and monitoring
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Results focus
- Product knowledge
- Event legislation and compliance
Special skills and attributes:
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A genuine enthusiasm to promote the Titanic Story
- The ability to work within a team or on own initiative
Titanic Belfast reserves the right to enhance the selection criteria if necessary, to assist with shortlisting.
Our Employee Benefits Package includes:
- Fully paid uniform
- Free surface car parking
- 31 days holiday
- Access to ‘Connect’ (Employee Assistance Programme and High Street Discounts)
- Counselling Services
- Discounts for onsite Events, Retail, Outlets and Visitor Experience
- Pension scheme with Employer Contributions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care Scheme
- Winter Flu Vaccine
- Subsidised food at breaks
If you would like to apply for the position of Duty and Events Officer, then please visit our recruitment site by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 23rd September 2019 at 9am. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Please note for applicants successful at the shortlisting stage, the following stages will apply:
Assessment centre: Tuesday 1st October
Individual interviews: Wednesday 9th October 2019
Titanic Belfast Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.