Excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to receive full training in order to become an experienced customs and freight professional in anticipation of Brexit.
Job Description – Customs Clearance Specialist / Trainee
- Source quotations from company-designated agents for the movement of cargo from their area to specific destination(s) for various modes of transport – e.g. air, sea, road, rail.
- Calculate and supply competitive quotations to existing and/or potential customers.
- Arrange ex-works collections from various origin points by using said company-designated agents.
- Arrange cargo marine insurance on behalf of customer where appropriate.
- Prompt notification to customers of cargo E.T.A. and actual arrival.
- Agree appropriate Customs Tariff Classification(s) with customer.
- Follow customer’s specific instructions with respect to Customs clearance, ensuring VAT and duty liabilities are accurately and correctly calculated.
- Understand electronic links with respective customs offices.
- Ensure Customs clearance is effected in a prompt and efficient manner and delivery completed with the minimum of delay.
- 5 GCSE’s grade C or above, including English and Maths
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office
- Clear communication in English, spoken and written
- full clean driving licence
- Candidates with 3rd level education are encouraged to apply.
- £15000 – £20000 per annum.
- Monday – Friday 9am-5pm with one hour unpaid lunch break (35 hour week)
- Overtime as and when required
- 30 days paid holiday per annum including stat days
Hamilton Shipping is an equal opportunities employer