You will take full responsibility for the running of the Kitchen. Sociable hours working 8am-5pm, 3 days a week.
Care Home: Marina Care Home, Magherafelt – 25.5 Hours (3 days a week, 8am-5pm)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATION
- A relevant catering qualification and Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player.
- Satisfactory POVA check against the Disqualification from Working with Vulnerable Adults (DWVA) List through Access NI.
- Relevant knowledge on COSHH and HACCP.
- Experience of working within a similar sector
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- You will take full responsibility for the running of the Kitchen.
- You will be responsible for Menu Creation and the daily preparation, cooking and serving of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner along with provision of a selection of drinks and snacks throughout the day and preparation of evening suppers.
- You will take ownership of any issues that arise and work in conjunction with the Home Manager to manage your kitchen team accordingly.
- You will be responsible for all food orders and meeting the budgetary requirements of the home whilst ensuring the provision of nutritious meals to meet varied dietary needs.
- To ensure the efficient, hygienic and safe use of the kitchen equipment.
- To communicate with and supervise the kitchen assistant.
- To discuss with the residents/registered nursing staff in order to establish menus of a nutritionally balanced and varied nature, taking into consideration any special dietary requirements.
- To maintain sufficient levels of food in stock and ordering when required.
- To prepare, cook and serve meals ensuring high standards of food and presentation are achieved.
- To clean all surfaces, equipment and dishes with help from the Kitchen assistant.
- Participate in Staff and Resident meetings as and when required.
Training & Development:
- Attend mandatory training days/courses, on of off site, as and when required.
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
Health and Safety:
- Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Resident, colleague, self or another.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Nursing Home’s Health and Safety Policy, and Emergency and Fire procedure.
- Report to the Home Manager or Maintenance person, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Nursing Home including the documenting and maintaining all records accordingly.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Nursing Home.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- Ensure the security of the Nursing Home is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
To Aply email: hr @burnviewgroup.com