This role is for someone who is looking to make a real investment in their career. Fibrus are seeking an experience construction supervisor from a telecommunications civils background to oversee the onsite network build civils works operations. Northern Ireland based. £30k-£35k
This role is for someone who is looking to make a real investment in their career. You will be joining the team laying out the future of Fibrus and the structure of this team and their responsibilities will change as the company grows. This role demands a tenacity and commitment to deliver as well as possibly undertake elements outside your role. But you will be rewarded with encouragement and support to learn and progress in areas where you otherwise may not be afforded the chance to.
You will be responsible for producing a high quality Network build, built to specification whilst keeping disruption to a minimum for residents.
The Role / Responsibilities
Key responsibilities for the Construction Supervisor:
- Site management of fibre to the home works.
- Ensure all work sites are to Chapter 8 requirements.
- Supervision of contractor activity to ensure works are completed to b4b/Fibrus specifications and NIRAUC requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Openreach Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA) requirements.
- Minimisation of customer disruption during build activity.
- Recording daily works completed and completing reports as required.
- Completing final snag and joint measure for invoicing.
- Checking plans and seeking for re-plans to reduce costs.
- Working closely with our Build partners to form a working partnership on site.
The perfect person will come from a telecommunications civils background supervising network build civils works and reflect the following attributes:
- Focused on delivering results
- Belief in the project
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Dedicated to the project
- Team player
- Track record of achievement in any field
- Can demonstrate investment in your career development and progression
- Good level of natural intelligence
- Common sense approach
- Personality; interacts comfortably with other people
- Adaptive; positively responds to changes in deadlines and processes
- Tenacity; will keep going until the job is done
- Good Communication skills, comfortable communicating across all levels
- Confident; can assert yourself in a professional and amenable manner
- Five years’ experience of supervising civils gangs on site.
- NRSWA accredited (supervisors’ course)
- Thorough knowledge of the NIRAUC Specification for the reinstatement of openings in roads.
- Thorough knowledge of Chapter 8 Traffic Signs Manual.
- Can demonstrate the ability to learn technical knowledge relating to products and services
- Experience working within a busy environment with shared responsibilities
- Good people skills and comfortable communicating across the company hierarchy
- Willing to travel anywhere in Northern Ireland as the build progresses.
- Clean driving licence
- Knowledge of fibre cabling and splicing works.
- Have knowledge of the Physical Infrastructure (PIA) process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- CAD/GIS experience.
- Join the founding team of a company set to disrupt the face of the local telecoms industry
- Career development
- Generous salary
- Laptop and business mobile
- Additional benefits as the company grow