Are you the type of person who thrives in a fast paced corporate environment, who enjoys working with colleagues across the world? If this sounds like you then we have the opportunity for you.
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Role Close Date: 26th September 2019
The Client Revenue Specialist, Billing will be responsible for managing the end to end billing of an Intellectual Property (IP) client revenue portfolio. From matter management, WIP / bill review stages through to bill processing and e-bill submission.
They will also be actively involved in change management of new and existing client processes, recommending streamlined improvements and ensuring changes happen.
This role involves working closely with Attorneys in the IP Practice Group as well as the Global IP Services Centre (GIPSC) and other global teams.
- Prepare client invoices in accordance with Firm billing policies, guidelines and standard processes
- Review WIP and prepare draft invoices in accordance with Firm standards, execute time/cost transfers and other value adjustments; finalize invoices and ensure that invoices are delivered for payment (via e-mail, post or e-bill as applicable); execute all billing tasks in accordance with established standard processes
- Serve as a primary point of contact and specialist in the area of IP bill management.
- Manage the day to day production and delivery of your IP portfolio ensuring client deliverables are met.
- Identify opportunities to enhance and improve processes in coordination with other service centres and clients, proactively engaging in change management.
- Assist with smooth transitioning of new clients into the team from local offices and participate in projects involving new clients or change in client billing models.
- Fully understand the end to end IP billing process for each client in your portfolio including outside counsel guidelines, pricing / fee arrangements and e-bill agreements.
- Ensure that issues are being resolved timely and by the right teams within the global Baker McKenzie network of offices and Service Centres.
- Maintain and update client billing information, instructions and requirements necessary in processing invoices.
- Evaluate complex situations using multiple sources of information, exercising good analytical skills as well as evaluate judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated and / or novel situations.
- With limited supervision, work independently to complete assigned tasks and work responsibilities in order to meet agree objectives; consider the impact of recommendations when making decisions or resolving problems.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative.
- Exchange ideas and information effectively in a concise and logical way, and be sensitive to audience diversity
- Exercise required of tact and diplomacy when dealing with others and handling sensitive issues
- Assist other team members as and when cover is required
- Get involved in Global cross functional projects that will broaden your knowledge and expertise
Skills and Experience
- Experience within a Finance function, demonstrating finance skills and experience applicable to the role, preferably within the legal industry but not compulsory.
- Billing experience preferable but not necessary.
- A great financial all rounder having worked in a range of finance teams or companies.
- Project involvement, process and efficiency improvement experience desirable.
- Good numeracy and excellent English communication skills.
- Keen attention to details and effective organizational skills.
- Must be confident to escalate and ask questions, especially when being asked to deviate from standard processes.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demand, including learning new skills when required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong Excel skills desirable.
- SAP experience desirable.
- Occasional international travel may be required