Harvey Norman are looking for a full time Cashier to join our Holywood Store in Northern Ireland.
YOUR JOB – your tasks will include:
- Receiving payment by cash, cheque, credit-cards, vouchers or automatic debits.
- Computing and recording transactions and ensuring 100% accuracy for all register transactions.
- Maintain the Cash Desk to company standards at all times by completing daily housekeeping duties including dusting, cleaning and merchandise presentation.
- Cash handling and safe custody of collecting cash.
- Build customer loyalty by providing a great, friendly and professional service; be attentive to customer’s needs and aim to exceed customer expectations.
- Answer and follow up on all customer enquiries at the cash desk and on the phone.
- Adherence to the Cashier Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Familiarise yourself with current sales, advertising campaigns and company initiatives.
YOUR PROFILE – your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- Experience and Qualifications – Leaving cert or equivalent is required. Must have experience working face to face with the public in a customer service role.
- Preferably have 1-3 years hospitality or tourism service or face to face retailing experience. Basic level excel is necessary.
- Customer Orientated – Ability to build customer loyalty through providing great friendly and professional service.
- Confident, Outgoing and People Orientated – Have a warm, friendly demeanor and actively take opportunities to be social and interact with customers.
- Strong Numerical & Logical Ability – Have the ability to handle, count and deal with money; to work with numbers in a competent way.
- Hardworking, Conscientious, & Self Motivated – Have a high degree of personal and interpersonal energy at all times. The ability to work under pressure and achieve results.
Why people join us:
- We’re dynamic and growing
- Fun, high energy work environment
- Culture of developing and promoting from within the company
- Our entrepreneurial spirit
- Generous staff discounts
This is a fixed term contract with potential for permanency. We need all our employees to be flexible about when they work, covering store opening hours, including evenings, weekends and public holidays. The successful candidate will be required to attend a company induction day in Dublin City Centre.