Excellent opportunity for a Business Development Lead based in Belfast.
JOB TITLE: Business Development Lead
SCALE: £27,688 pro-rata (0.6FTE)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Turnaround Project Director
DURATION: 18 months initially, with extension subject to funding / business development outcomes.
LOCATION: Operational base in Belfast.
HOURS OF WORK: 21 hours per week.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are delighted that the Turnaround Project has now secured sufficient funding to allow us to recruit a Business Development Lead. At this exciting early stage in our development, we are looking for an exceptionally motivated and skilled person who will take the lead in developing our social enterprises into sustainable income.
The initial focus will be on our grounds maintenance enterprise, identifying opportunities for new business and putting all of the necessary management and compliance arrangements in place to allow Outwork to compete for business in the private, public and social enterprise sectors.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the Director of the Turnaround Project (and other staff and Trustees as appropriate) to develop and implement a Business Development Strategy for growing Turnaround’s social enterprises.
- Support the Director to secure additional non-commercial start-up and development funding streams to complement commercial income.
New Business Development
- Lead on new business development, focussing initially on Turnaround’s ‘Outwork’ grounds maintenance enterprise, to secure new contracts within private, public and social enterprise sectors.
- Identify potential individual and organisational clients, and opportunities to present Turnaround and its enterprises in line with potential clients’ needs, objectives and values.
- Identify and pursue public and private procurement opportunities, working with the Director to develop Turnaround’s tendering and bidding processes.
- Work with colleagues to price and propose contracts for clients.
- Work with the Director (and other staff and Trustees as appropriate) to develop marketing and communication material to promote Turnaround’s enterprises.
- Represent Turnaround and its enterprises at networking and other events, including delivering presentations and pitches.
- Work with colleagues and clients to monitor delivery of contracts against specification.
- Work with Director to monitor achievement of targets and performance indicators against Business Development Strategy and conditions of grant-makers / investors.
- Work with enterprise Supervisors to monitor costs on site in relation to labour, equipment, materials, etc.
Business Compliance and Improvement
- Identify and keep up to date with statutory health and safety requirements and develop Turnaround’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with these.
- Lead on the development of overall organisational health and safety culture, monitoring and promoting implementation of health and safety policies throughout Turnaround’s enterprises.
- Manage Turnaround’s relationship with third-party accreditors as required.
- Work with enterprise Supervisors to develop and maintain equipment inventories, maintenance routines and records, and identify additional / replacement equipment requirements.
- Develop tools for recording and analysing client feedback.
- Be prepared to undertake tasks usually assigned to other staff (paid or volunteer) in their absence.
- Work with the Director and colleagues to contribute to the overall strategic and operational development of the Turnaround Project, including the development of wider HR, financial management and administrative policies and procedures, and processes for monitoring outcomes.
Click here to view full job description