The Culloden Estate & Spa are currently recruiting for an exciting new opportunity within our Bar Team!
- Serving beverages to customers in line with five star service delivery requirements.
- Working within a team to ensure the customer experience is exceptional and guests’ expectations are met.
- Ensuring bar stocks are fully maintained and products are displayed in accordance with Hastings standards.
- Preparing and dispensing beverages as requested by guests, maintaining high standards of presentation.
- Maintaining cleanliness and service presentation of the bar area, equipment, and customer areas at all times.
- Preparing and setting up beverage areas for service.
- Offering menu recommendations upon request and upselling additional products when appropriate.
- Receiving payment for food and beverages sold in accordance with operating procedures.
- Using equipment and bar pumps efficiently, maintaining proper measures and ensuring minimum wastage.
- Being aware of all hotel services and being proactive in the sale of these to guests.
- Ensuring all equipment and materials are used in the correct manner and any problems are reported immediately.
- Maintaining the security of stock area, immediately reporting any breaches.
- Responding to complaints and finding the appropriate solution.
- Complying with all health, safety, hygiene & licensing policies and procedures.
You will ideally have:
- At least 1 year’s previous relevant bar experience in a quality hotel/bar.
- Previous experience as a barista, alongside experience with cocktail making.
- GCSE’s with minimum GCSE Grade C passes in English and Math’s or equivalent.
- Demonstrable customer awareness with a passion to deliver excellent customer service and a welcoming manner.
- Ability to work within a team, and excellent verbal communication skills.
- High standards of attention to detail.
- A smart, well-groomed professional appearance.
- Knowledge of licensing laws and Customs and Excise Regulations
- Previous cash handling and EPOS experience.
- Candidates must be 18+ due to the requirement to dispense alcohol.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent staff training and development opportunities
- Discounted staff rates in our Spa and gift shop
- Discounted accommodation rates in all of the Hastings properties
- New uniform
- Free Staff meals provided while on duty
- 29 days’ annual leave per annum which increases to 31 days’ after 2 years.
- Free Car Parking