Excellent opportunity for a Administrative Officer (Corporate Services) based in Belfast
Post: Administrative Officer (Corporate Services)
Reporting to: Finance, Procurement & Corporate Services Manager
Duration: Fixed-term for a period of 18 months
Salary: £20,951 – £23,023 (under review)
Main purpose of job
The provision of efficient, timely, accurate and confidential administrative support to the Finance and Corporate Services functions as well as to the wider Office of the Northern Ireland Public Services Ombudsman. This is to include administrative support where the Office requires external Independent Professional Advice (IPA) in the course of completing complaints investigations.
Summary of principal duties and responsibilities
- Administer financial procedures and policies, for example, processing purchase orders/invoices, reconciling bank, VAT and nominal ledger accounts, resolving invoice queries, maintaining prompt payment performance information, researching/booking/ordering courses, travel, postage & courier services, stationery and processing expenses;
- Contribute to reports on financial performance against targets and the production and distribution of weekly, monthly and annual operational performance information, e.g. 10 day prompt payment;
- Undertake data collection, input and analysis in line with established procedures and quality standards and using appropriate technology, e.g. financial data such as nominal code activity against spend.
Corporate Performance and Reporting
- Prepare, format and distribute reports, spreadsheets and other documentation using appropriate technology/packages as required. e.g. clinical advice, training;
- Respond to internal and external enquiries – providing information where required, e.g. general matters to include finance, premises, IT, suppliers, contractors;
- Assist in the co-ordination of contract management procedures.
Independent Professional Advice
- Action IPA requests including the issue of contracts of engagement to advisors. Ensure return of Contracts and notify the requesting Investigating Officer (IO) of acceptance;
- Liaise with both IOs and IPAs via the Office’s secure email system;
- Assist in the preparation and issue to external advisors of soft and hard copy IPA Advice Packages;
- Support the provision and return of information to and from the IPA;
- Maintain the dedicated Office email account for IPA;
- Maintain the IPA contracts database;
- Where necessary, issue reminders to IPAs for requested advice;
- Coordinate the return or destruction of advice packages in line with documented procedures;
- Liaise with IOs and IPAs for the issue and payment of fees;
- Administer the termination of contracts as required;
- Maintain performance information records in relation to the IPA service.
Website and IT
- Assist in the process of website administration as required including publishing and editing information on the NIPSO website;
- Act as first point of contact for staff and third party contractor to ensure provision of IT and internet facilities to all staff.
- Organise meetings and issue supporting documentation as appropriate – including booking venues and organising catering;
- Book and prepare meeting rooms and ensure that facilities and equipment are available and maintained to a high standard;
- Maintain adequate levels of stationery/consumables;
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external contacts, for example suppliers, internal directorates and teams;
- Proactively maintain filing, document management and storage systems (electronic and hard copy) e.g. general files, complaints standards;
- Undertake any other Corporate Services duties appropriate to grade and as directed by line management.
General Responsibilities & Duties
- Adhere to the NIPSO values of fairness, impartiality, openness, respect and integrity;
- Adhere to and promote the Office policies on Equality of Opportunity and Dignity at Work, demonstrating a commitment to the principles of equality, fairness and diversity in all aspects of work;
- Have due regard for your own safety and that of others, behaving appropriately at all times and reporting all accidents no matter how minor;
- Take responsibility for the development of own skills and knowledge through proactive engagement in the internal performance review processes;
- Undertake ad-hoc, cross-functional project work supporting the development of the Office and service provision as reasonably requested by your line manager.
This job description may be subject to review to reflect future office requirements.
Please click here to view full Personnel Specification
Please click here to view How To Apply Document
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Application forms must be returned no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 2 October 2019. Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.