Job Title: Telecoms Network Security
Engineer (Fixed Term - 12 months)
Contract Type: Fixed Term; Full-Time
Salary: £29,073 - £35,534
*candidates will normally start on
the first point of the scale.
Closing Date: 10am, Tuesday 27th August 2019
About the Role:
To provide support to the Telecoms Design and Development Manager, Telecoms Manager and Head of Telemetry and Telecoms, to ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of NI Water IT infrastructure, assets and services.
- Ensure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of NI Water IT infrastructure, assets and services:
- Operations and maintenance of next generation Firewall, IPS, network security systems.
- Reporting of network security events and incident response using network forensic techniques.
- Ensuring stability of 3rd parties using site to site and remote access VPN.
- Resolution of faults and service requests using ITIL processes.
- Documentation of infrastructure changes.
- Network security systems are configured to protect NI Water assets.
- Liaise with ICT and NIW business owners to gather requirements to implement change.
- Produce network and security analysis reports for senior management.
- Assist and play a lead role in the commissioning of Firewall infrastructure and overlaid services
- Assist with design, build, test and implementation of security infrastructure solutions
- Production of technical and support documentation
- Network security policies management and maintenance
- Security appliance software and hardware updates.
- Provide service for in house and support staff Secure Remote Access
- Ensure availability of NIW external internet services.
- Monitoring of Security management systems and incident response.
Liaise with Internal and External 3rd Parties
Interface with Telecoms service partner and other 3rd parties.
For further details please see job description.
Northern Ireland Water is an equal opportunities employer.
CV’s will not be accepted.