Excellent opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer, New Grad based in Belfast
Technical Support Engineer, New Grad.
What will you do at Ciena?
The Global Technical Support Engineer will provide post-sales support for Ciena’s Network Management solution customer base subject to the limitations of buyer’s installed software and hardware. This support includes working to resolve technical issues/problems by providing diagnosis, testing and troubleshooting of complex issues including analysis of the logical configuration and operation of the buyer’s network. The role will provide the opportunity to interface with front-line technologies such as Cassandra database, docker and Kafka. This position is ideal for a technically minded, motivated individual from a relevant degree, who is looking to progress a career as an Engineer in an exciting telecoms environment.
Specific job responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- The successful candidate will be part of a global team of product experts providing support to Ciena’s global customer installed base.
- Troubleshooting, testing, analysing and resolving customer reported technical issues for Ciena Network Management products.
- Perform root cause analysis for service impacting issues, working closely with the account managers and design teams.
- Trend systemic product issues and drive service and operational concerns into future design enhancements.
- Provide Customer feedback to Quality Assurance, Design, Product Management, Technical Publications and Training based on customer issues resolved in field.
- Provide remote technical support (via telephone or on line) on identified CIENA products.
- Provide on-call emergency assistance for critical problems, as well as supporting new deployment activities.
- Contribute to knowledgebase and improve skills over time to meet individual, team and organisation goals.
- Availability to travel sometimes on short notice.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle system administration
- Knowledge of virtual machines in Linux/Unix environments.
- Knowledge of Ethernet switching and routing concepts.
- Experience with databases and SQL.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and debug complex system level issues.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to work from broad guidelines with minimal supervision.
- Team Player.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science) from a four-year college or university.
- Customer service and/or technical support experience would be an asset.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV