The Software Architect is responsible for a range of Strategic, Technical Leadership and Delivery focused activities.
The role is required to build relationships and provide leadership in a variety of situations and across project types with teams ranging from one to many. This role plays a significant part in aligning the architecture and technology vision with the strategic direction of the company, fostering awareness and appropriate application of this vision at all levels of the organization.
Strategic & Enterprise Responsibilities
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical strategy, formal architecture and delivery roadmaps for the enterprise; aligning with corporate strategy, capitalizing on technical opportunities and addressing challenges
- Make architectural decisions that have an impact across the company
- Assist in establishing technical direction across the organization with a sound and pragmatic approach
- Monitor new technologies, applications of technology, or ways to synthesize technologies into strategic opportunities. Contribute to build vs. buy decisions.
- Pinpoint strengths and weaknesses in enterprise systems, and effectively advocate for appropriate solutions to weaknesses
- Communicate strategies in terms that are meaningful to individuals and teams across the engineering group
Technical Leadership Responsibilities
- Participate in the definition and validation of technical guidance. E.g. architecture principles, styles, policies, and standards
- Coach and Mentor Engineering staff; driving alignment with industry and organization best practice
- Produce and maintain useful and usable documentation of work, and contribute regularly to the general Cayan Engineering body of knowledge
- Build a strategic network of partnerships and relationships with inside and outside groups; build coalitions and encouraging collaboration to work on shared desired outcomes
- Lead Architecture and Design activities throughout the delivery lifecycle
- Create architectural mechanisms and Core components to address concerns that have a broad impact (e.g., system integration across the enterprise)
- Coach and Mentor engineering staff in the effective and pragmatic application of software design principles and coding best practices
- Participate in coding activities that are in support of design outcomes – up to 50>#/li###
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in software, application and enterprise architecture
- Recent experience software design and coding, with emphasis on Services / external facing API platforms
- Extensive experience with C# / .Net.
- Hands-on experience identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues for both web-based applications and databases
- Familiar with diverse, complex problems and adept at devising reasonable solutions or alternatives
- Proven experience translating Business Requirements into solutions
- Technical leader and coach, aware of the applicability of new technologies
- Can work at an abstract level and create abstractions that clarify and contribute to system integrity across the enterprise
- Tolerant of high degrees of ambiguity, and good at resolving uncertainty and setting direction. Willing to backtrack, seek multiple solutions and experiment to validate approaches
- Creative, Investigative, Innovative, Insightful and able to make technical leaps, finding novel solutions
- Excels at grasping existing code, and identifying opportunities to improve and to integrate with existing code
- Effective and comfortable working with high-level management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including proven success in working with stakeholders with a wide range of technical knowledge
- Comfortable working in an environment that is growing rapidly and constantly addressing the inherent challenges.
Note: candidates must be eligible to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis.
In addition to a very competitive salary, we also provide an excellent benefits package including free car parking, private medical care, the health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award-winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
To apply for this position please click here