We are looking for a Senior Security Analyst who is passionate about tracking advanced adversaries, both nation-state and financially motivated cyber crime actors.
The Anomali Threat Research team is responsible for conducting relevant cyber threat intelligence collection, coordinating and contributing to trusted communities and ISACs, and cyber security analysis and research. We are looking for a Senior Security Analyst who is passionate about tracking advanced adversaries, both nation-state and financially motivated cyber crime actors. You will be involved with the direction and intel support to sharing groups. You will publish your work as reports, present at Anomali events, industry conferences or closed door groups, or blog post for both public and private consumption. You will work closely with our exceptional engineers and data scientists to drive new and exciting developments around the collection and application of threat intelligence.
• Proficient in the cyber threat intelligence discipline.
• Presenting and disseminating analysis and research in trusted communities and/or industry events.
• Scripting in Python or other scripting language to enable threat research, malware analysis, or other security-related tasks.
• Document findings and develop signatures that can be used to detect threats.
• Examine suspicious or malicious software to determine functionality and potential impact.
• Reverse engineer known and unknown samples to identify application behavior and characteristics.
• Stay abreast on the latest threats, attack vectors, and tools.
Required Skills / Experience
• Experience working and communicating directly with clients and comfortable speaking technically with analysts and strategically with senior executives
• 5+ years of experience in Cyber Security in one of the following: Threat Intelligence Analyst, Information Security Analyst, SOC Analyst, or Malware Reverse Engineer
• Experience with data collection and manipulation
• Understanding of Windows and *nix O/S Kernels and network fundamentals
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of malware analysis and reverse engineering
• Experience in C/C++, Python, Ruby or other scripting language
• Experience with acquiring and analyzing packet captures
• Understanding of remote command and control mechanisms
• Ability to create, modify, and implement both Snort and YARA signatures
• Experience with Hypervisors and techniques used to detect virtualized environments
• Experience with enterprise routing and switching
• Knowledge of fuzzers and techniques used to develop exploits
• SANS, CISSP, CREST or other industry certifications
Travel: Predominantly EMEA and US (up to 25%)
Travel may include but not limited to: customer locations, local user groups, user conferences events, and corporate events.
• Competitive Salary
• Private Healthcare Plan
• Dental Plan
• Optical Plan
• Paid Public Holidays
• Accrued Paid Time Off – 25 days
• Quarterly event with your Geographic Team
Equal Opportunities Monitoring
It is our policy to ensure that all eligible persons have equal opportunity for employment and advancement on the basis of their ability, qualifications and aptitude. We select those suitable for appointment solely on the basis of merit without regard to an individual’s disability, race, religion, sex, age or sexual orientation. Monitoring is carried out to ensure that our equal opportunity policy is effectively implemented.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Anomali and need special assistance or accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Recruiting team