Excellent opportunity for Revenue Manager based in Belfast.
Job Title: Revenue Manager
Location: 1066 House, Corporate Head Office
Reference No: 19HO/002
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
Reports to: Sales Director and Group Revenue Manager
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist the revenue department in all activities and its managers, alongside looking after revenue for designated hotels.
- To assist with group reporting as required and requested.
- To assist with the completion of group contracts, RFP’s and all GDS loading are completed in a timely fashion.
- To assist with the utilisation of the revenue management systems and tools to ensure that revenue and profit are maximised.
- To assist with the management of availability, rates and restrictions in Visual One and Avvio.
- To assist with the gathering of market intelligence from EZ Compete, and from external sources (e.g. BCVB, Ticketmaster, etc.
- To assist with the preparation of room revenue forecasts on a weekly basis showing room revenue and occupancy by market segment.
- To assist with the analysis of data and its usage in decision making process for changes in rate, restrictions and channel availability were appropriate.
- To assist with ensuring that rate parity is achieved across all channels.
- To assist with the measurement of the pace of bookings, highlight need periods and along with colleagues develop a plan to address it.
- To assist with the developing of reports to give greater understanding of the room’s revenue business.
- To assist with the provision input on PPC advertising and co-ordinate relevant offers with marketing department.
- Work closely with group sales to ensure the hotels have the required amount of base business on the books.
- To assist with the identification of opportunities for Hastings Hotels, market events and develop a plan to exploit them.
- To assist with the identification of KPIs and report on these monthly.
- Keep up to date and aware of trends in hotel distribution.
- Liaise closely with all General Managers on rate strategies.
Required competencies, behaviours and attitudes:
- Proactively identify both opportunities and challenges and develop effective action plans to address each situation.
- Continues to strive for success and takes change in their stride.
- A high degree of numerical competency is required, an ability to see trends in numbers, and to analyse these to draw meaningful conclusions in a timely manner.
- Displays confidence and positive approach during times of change, encouraging the team to work together.
- Seeks practical solutions to manage change.
- Provides clear direction, acts calmly and remains in control during challenging times.
- Demonstrates up-to-date understanding of industry trends, competitor initiatives and strives to achieve competitor advantage.
- Constantly practises opportunities to increase revenue potential by continually reviewing business practises and pushing ideas upwards.
- Allows for open discussions and a frank exchange of opinions within the department where appropriate.
- Promotes inter-departmental collaboration prior to making decisions that may impact or influence other departments.
- Is always approachable and actively seeks feedback from members of the team.
- Always communicates issues affecting the hotel and department where appropriate.
- Encourages passion within the working environment.
- Promotes an atmosphere of trust within the department.
- Actively assists the team in service recovery situations where appropriate.
- Shows a willingness to assist team members during pressurised times.
- To be aware of Company Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the Company’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To apply please send a recent CV and cover letter before the closing date.
Closing Date: Friday 30 August 2019 at 12 noon