Please see job description.
About the Team
Our Business Recovery Services (BRS) team in Northern Ireland is a market leader supporting a range of clients through some form of stress or crisis situation. You’ll join a team of people in our Belfast office acting as advisors supporting clients and lenders with services including
- Review and challenge of business performance and financial forecasts
- Supporting clients with their business plans and undertaking Independent Business Reviews (IBR)
- Identifying restructuring options and providing advice to underpin a viable business strategy
- Finding ways to reduce costs and manage working capital within a business
- Helping to restructure a balance sheet or find an alternative source of debt or capital
- Supporting a business through an insolvency scenario if required.
Whatever the solution, we help clients manage road blocks until the job is done.
In addition to the above you’ll also have the opportunity to work on broader Business Recovery Services offerings including supporting clients with operational restructuring, corporate simplification, debt advisory, services to the public sector, real estate and accelerated mergers & acquisitions.
About the role
We’re looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Manager to join our team of BRS professionals, you’ll have the ability to communicate at any level or grade. We are looking for someone who is keen to learn, who can think on their feet, and apply their knowledge in a pressurised working environment.
As a Manager within BRS in Northern Ireland, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive situational and industry experience. You’ll be helping our clients solve complex business issues, from strategic planning and stakeholder management to execution and implementation.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Working in and often leading small project teams for bespoke clients and situations, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the critical financial analysis of client forecasts and client business plans to underpin an improvement in forecast performance
- Assess and develop options based on financial analysis, and project manage these to deliver a solution for a client
- Engage in often complex stakeholder discussions and negotiation to support a client’s strategic objective
- Producing reports / presentations to a range of clients and stakeholders, across both advisory and insolvency appointments
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients and be prepared to network with potential new clients, lawyers and lenders
- Contribute to the development of your own and your team’s technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges in innovative ways, bringing new technology to client situations
- Assist in the management and delivery of larger projects in complex and bespoke client situations, working cross-Line-of-Service with other PwC teams
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues, and have the opportunity to take an interest in specific industries / sectors
Develop internal relationships across PwC