The post will be based in our Head Office in Ballymoney. The successful candidate will have to undertake negotiation and administration in the purchasing of materials, plant, specialist subcontractors, labour and consultancy services on behalf of the Dowds Group.
Dowds Group are a national mechanical, electrical and specialist construction company based in Northern Ireland, delivering quality installations to a diverse range of clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
Company buying strategy
- Liaise with delivery teams in all matters laid out within the company buying strategy.
- Good communication skills; verbal communication always where possible internally, develop good working relationships and interfaces with all other company depts.
- Raise purchase orders on the accounts system as set out in the company IMS.
- Process purchase orders with specific T&C’s and contract conditions
- Collate and book in all delivery dockets / advise notes on system, ensuring delivery items match purchase order.
- Resolve any discrepancies with suppliers and deal with any queries between site, suppliers and accounts.
- Liaise closely in all matters re: management of returns with site supervisor teams
- Ensure credit note received and liaise with accounts department.
- Annual review of credits received to close out historical returns.
- Meet with suppliers to develop effective relationships for the benefit of Dowds Group.
- Ensure return / safe storage / re-use or ultimately the disposal of stocked material.
- Manage any stock over-spill to temporary storage off site.
Additional Duties (as directed)
- Any other duties as deemed by your Manager to be within the scope of your skills.
- Excellent with numbers/processing information
- Good admin skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both internal and external bodies
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Packages
- Ability to work fast paced and on your own initiative
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to take and follow instruction
- Experience in Sage200/Construct Extension
- Experience in the M&E sector
Dowds Group are committed to investing in talent and developing opportunities for our staff. As equal opportunities employers, we welcome applicants from all communities.