Excellent opportunity for a Project Planner based in Newry
Job Title: Project Planner
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join the award winning, fast growing MJM Marine Ltd. The successful candidate will bring knowledge and experience to the Planning team and will play an integral role in the delivery of contracts to the established high standard expected of the Company. He/she will benefit from working for a Company which prides itself in employee investment and development.
To establish and maintain effective planning and programming systems on all projects. Responsible for establishing, recording and reporting on the progress of works through the life cycle of projects.
- To bring added knowledge and expertise to the existing team
- To suggest improvements and implement agreed improvements in conjunction with the existing team
- To add value to the Planning Department
- To provide added assistance to the Contracts team in ensuring the effective delivery of projects and enhanced customer satisfaction
- To provide programmes for job estimations highlighting any constraints and threats to completion timetable
- In conjunction with the project team to prepare comprehensive planning information on new project start ups, including the sequence of operations and dependencies (Construction Programme), resource and procurement requirements.
- To update current project programmes and plans with site feedback on daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- To advise the project team of critical changes to priorities and critical threats and to advise action or adjustments required to maintain targets.
- To control and record programme revisions.
- To identify techniques to improve estimating, planning and cost control on existing and future projects.
- To develop various programmes from tenders, procurement, installation, commissioning to as built.
- To formulate progress reports and monitor on site issues identifying areas that require resolution and discuss solutions with management to ensure the project remains on schedule.
- To work as part of a wider team with various principal contractors and additional trades to ensure the project is delivered on time.
- To provide training and development and to mentor other employees as required
- To perform other duties as directed by Management commensurate with the role
- Previous experience working as a Project Planner in a construction/ manufacturing industry
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office, Excel and Project
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Must be prepared to undertake travel as part of the role
- Educated to Degree level or Equivalent
You will be expected to participate in education, training or development as is necessary, to enable the company to achieve the company’s objectives as communicated to you.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
You will be directed to the complete the following steps:
- Click on ‘Apply for this job’
- Complete the application form online.
- Download the application form after completion
- Save the downloaded form
- Upload the downloaded form to the site
Completed application forms should be submitted by 3rd September 2019 at 5pm.