Production Scheduler, Belfast based, 8-4pm, free gym, free parking
We are looking for a skilled Production Scheduler to join the BLK BOX team. BLK BOX began as specialists in sports performance equipment in 2012. We’ve gone from a garage set up to doing business on a global front from our 60,000 sqft HQ in Belfast’s Titanic Quarter. We have established our name working with a range of clients across the world including Google, Pure Gym, Arsenal, US Army, Sri Lanka Cricket, Irish Rugby and many others.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Production Scheduler to become a vital member in our client focused team based in Belfasts Titanic Quarter. You will enjoy working a 8am – 4pm shift in a fast paced, challenging and time sensitive environment.
You will be the key member of the Planning Team, focusing on ensuring products are manufactured in a cost-effective way whilst meeting quality specifications and fast-moving client timelines.
Key dynamics of the role include:
- Develop and coordinate daily and weekly production plans in order to meet order shipping dates and sales forecasts.
- Liaising with key business areas to ensure our client’s requirements are planned and catered for appropriately.
- Reviewing sales orders to ensure that these can be fulfilled, taking into account a number of factors including stock, order volume, capacity and delivery time.
- Preparation and distribution of a Production Forecast reports.
- Ensure all schedules consider production constraints and client required dates
- Plan each works order and packing batch, according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Monitor plan adherence and confer with department supervisors to determine status of production in line with the plan.
- Plan in forecasted sales demand to determine potential delivery dates, material requirements and capacity in line with commercial requests.
- Ensure steady flow of production by optimising efficiency, capacity and workflow.
- Ensure plan adheres to commercial budgets and deadlines.
- Highlight and expedite operations that cause delay to the schedule.
- Re-plan to meet unforeseen conditions.
- To be able to coordinate picking lists in line with the current plan if required.
- Create and send purchase orders to obtain materials in line with MRP calculations.
- Monitor GRN information to ensure usable stock is available for upcoming orders.
- Monitor stock levels.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Have at least 2 years Production Planning experience to include inventory control management and/or supply chain ideally gained within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in strong forecasting and constraint based planning.
- Be comfortable working with systems, data and Excel.
- Have strong organisational and communication skills along with proven leadership, and successful process improvement background
- Ability to manage multiple changing priorities within a fast pace work environment
- Thinking strategically and executing tactically, with a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of comfort in working with numbers.
- Understands the business and considers the big picture in their thinking.
- Naturally inquisitive, continuously looks for improvements in our ways of working, challenging the status quo.
- ERP/MRP class experience required
What you get in return
- Opportunity to work for a company awarded the “Best Place to Work” in the 2018 Irish News Workplace and Employment Awards.
- We are a dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in functional fitness innovation.
- Annual rewards and recognition are provided for superior performance.
- Work in a collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability.
- Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people’s lives.
- Fantastic training opportunities and long-term career progression opportunities available for the right candidates in line with the company’s strategic growth plans.
- Prime working location in Titanic Quarter with free car parking.
- Lots of perks including a fully functioning showroom gym of pure performance space which acts as a both a training and testing institute for our team, monthly team days, team lunches, unlimited amounts of free coffee and fruit and enjoy your birthday off each year!
What you need to do next
CV applications must be placed along with a cover letter or video application (preferred) stating why you would be suited to BLK BOX and your relevant experience.