Excellent opportunity for Production Manager / Operations Manager based in Newry.
Title of Post: Production Manager / Operations Manager
Reports to: Managing Director
Accountable to: Managing Director
Base Location: Jerrettspass, Newry, with site visits to customers throughout the UK and Ireland
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 8am-5pm Monday to Friday (overtime may be required)
- To plan and manage the entire production process, working closely with the Managing Director and other departments
- To provide leadership to the production process
- To ensure customer orders are delivered on time and to specification
- To lead the production team in a busy manufacturing environment.
- To develop the production team and production process to ensure smooth and efficient operation
- To promote a Health and Safety culture within the production process.
- Continually evaluate and suggest improvements to the manufacturing processes to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- To meet tight deadlines
- To be responsible for the development and execution of production schedules and the effective use of resources to meet challenging manufacturing targets, budgets and deadlines.
- Monitor production process, and reschedule resources as required
- Run weekly status meetings to measure and track project progress
- To develop systems and standards for the production process
- To ensure that scrap and reworking is minimised through effective management of the production department
- To identify training needs and develop a technically qualified and skilled workforce
- To directly manage staff performance, including appraisal and discipline
- To ensure the root cause of reported production problems is identified and measures put in place to prevent recurrence.
- To promote a team approach and encourage suggestions from operatives on improvement opportunities.
- To oversee and manage, company health & safety and quality standards to meet management system requirements
- To ensure machines and equipment are maintained in optimum working condition..
- To work constructively and effectively with other staff members and departments
- To communicate accurate information effectively within and across departments
- To ensure accurate and complete record and budget keeping
- To be part of the management
- team assisting the company in achieving its strategic direction.
Please click here for full job description
To apply please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward your CV.