The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the Cayan Payment Processing Gateway and other server-side products.
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the Cayan Payment Processing Gateway and other server-side products. As part of a dynamic and exciting development centre, the Principal Software Engineer will develop primarily on C# on the .Net platform, whilst utilizing state-of-the-art software development techniques, including Behavioural Driven Development and Continuous Delivery.
If successful, you will responsible for employing a variety of transport and wire protocols to integrate capabilities to our payment partner’s systems. The role is responsible for working in a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. Our working environment empowers software engineers and lets them focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes. As Principal Software Engineer you will be recognized as a strong technical expert and leader.
- Understand merchant and partner needs, problems, and expectations and take action to address expectations through high quality, innovative solutions that deliver value to our customers
- Be an inspirational technical leader – train, mentor and motivate team members by setting an example as to how software development projects can be successfully executed
- Improve the software development process, methodologies and tools through applied experience, automation and simplification – deliver better software, faster and cheaper!
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful in a timely manner – we build quality into all stages of the software lifecycle, with a focus on end-user observable (and testable) system behaviors
- Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, help with estimation and planning, ensure timely and accurate communication of status, resolution of issues, and contribute beyond assigned tasks – adjusting priorities when appropriate
- Assist with software deployment activities to internal test environments and our production data center – the team are responsible from Requirements Analysis through to Release!
- Be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Be a team player and role model, exhibiting a professional attitude, building work relationships, demonstrating flexibility and supporting workplace ethics.
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or commercial experience of developing in C#, Java or any other OO programming language.
- Experience in server product development
- An understanding of database design and development
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Experience of Windows development on .Net
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM, or Lean Kanban environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Experience of leading a team
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a permanent and full time basis
- Experience in Web Services
- Experience in asynchronous messaging systems.
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
To apply for this position please click here