Lead C++ Engineer required for our expanding Engineering team based in the City Centre Belfast
Who are SpotX?
SpotX is the leading global video advertising platform that enables media owners and publishers to monetize premium content across desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.
With a growing engineering office in Belfast SpotX are keen to speak with a highly talented Principal/Lead. Software Engineer. We’re looking for someone who is versatile, methodical and enjoys focusing on new challenges.
Visit our About Us page to learn more.
SpotX is based in the US and expanding operations internationally, including expanding our Engineering office in Belfast. We are seeking a highly talented Lead C++ Engineer who can contribute brilliantly to our team located there, including leading and managing a team of engineers. We are a fast-paced but casual environment with highly talented peers. You will be versatile, disciplined and enjoy focusing on new challenges in the ad tech space.
Making an immediate impact:
- PHP to C++ conversion of our marketplace
- New C++ applications created to handle Billions of transactions
- Enhancing new and legacy code for performance
- Collaborating and problem solving
- Work on a scrum team comprised of 4 to 5 developers
- Participate in daily standup meetings and all meetings of the agile SLC: planning, estimation, retrospectives, demos, etc.
- Lead of team of 3 to 7 Engineers
Leading a team:
- Ensure completion of sprints – or other Agile tracking milestones.
- Maintain software standards on your team (quality, unit tests, process, etc).
- Build relationships with your peers to ensure that cross-team communication is effective.
- Maintaining priorities on your team in relation to sprint, and release.
- Be responsible for team’s code, either by direct code review, or by delegation.
- Write code.
- Keep an eye on the release dashboard and release process and make sure the relevant team member are participating and available when needed.
- Delegating responsibilities to qualified candidates
- Motivating, holding accountable, and developing your team.
- Maintain 1 on 1s with team members
- Serve as glue, maintains team chemistry
- Communicate with your team members to your peer team.
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- Significant experience with Modern C++ 17
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Large-scale transnational environments
- Distributed/parallel processing
- Networking/API/ Microservice design
- Low latency
- Significant database experience, including both SQL + NoSQL
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Webscale experience
- Cassandra experience
- Network programming
- GitHub account- we like developers who like developing!
- LAMP experience
- Agile development
- Believes in Continuous Integration
- Web-based environments
- Amazing office location with panoramic city views
- Active, subsidised, social committee
- Fully stocked snacked cupobard & beer fridge!
- Work-life balance
- Great holidays, company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Company pension plan
- Private Medical and dental Insurance
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Learn in a fun, casual, team environment
SpotX Core Values: Customer Service, Integrity, Respect, Initiative, Collaboration, Innovation and Adaptability
- Submit your details: here