This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing managed service team within EY. Reporting to the Manager, the successful candidate will be part of a team with responsibility for the successful delivery of payroll services for new and existing clients.
Who are we?
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential. Our vision is to become the leading global professional services organisation by building a better working world.
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
We have vacancies for Payroll Advisors to play a key role in the delivery of payroll services in our Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing managed service team within EY. Reporting to the Manager, the successful candidate will be part of a team with responsibility for the successful delivery of payroll services for new and existing clients. Payroll Services are a key area of growth within EY’s Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) service.
Based in our Belfast Delivery Centre, you will be processing payrolls and providing expert advice as it relates to payroll to clients across UK&I. You will need to ensure all payrolls are executed to a high standard, manage stakeholders and build positive relationships across the firm. As part of this role, you will also need to prioritise your time and workload to ensure payrolls are delivered on time and within budget.
There will be some travel within the UK and Ireland.
- Providing technical subject matter expertise to Payroll Team and clients on standard payroll processes and legislation as required.
- Executing payroll activities to ensure the client data is imported, reviewed and approved in line with the Payroll Centre of Excellence Process and Policy each pay period.
- Execute payroll parallel or test activities for changes to client set up and find solutions for any differences to ensure a balanced outcome.
- Based on business experience and knowledge, making best practice recommendations to the Payroll Team and Manager to improve processes and streamline the delivery of payroll services.
- Ensuring that payroll(s) are fully executed as per the agreed schedule.
- Working with the Payroll Team to ensure a smooth transition from onboarding project to live operation.
- Updating the Manager and Senior Manager with the latest status including the escalation of risks and issues impacting the delivery and execution of payroll services.
- Update the client service documentation, including Client Service Definitions and Key Performance Indicators, as requested by Manager or Senior Manager
- Attending client meetings to discuss service outcomes as requested by Manager or Senior Manager
- Identifying opportunities for additional services and processes for payroll team and clients, and communicating this to the Manager/ Senior Manager for review.
- Dealing with client and employee queries in relation to payroll delivery and following all approved escalation processes.
- Ensuring personal compliance with the firm’s Code of Conduct and Quality and Risk Management requirements.
- Understanding and complying with of Quality and Risk requirements for professional service firms.
- Participating Audit and review processes, such as the annual ISAE 3407 Certification Process on behalf of the UK Payroll Centre of Excellence.
- Understanding and acting within the firm’s Independence and Risk Policies as it relates to know your client and anti-money laundering.
- Participating in all required training to ensure compliance with all policy and procedures.
- Acting as first level reviewer the work carried out by the team to ensure it is carried out in accordance to EY Process and Policy
- Assisting in the preparation of payroll proposals from document preparation to delivery including attendance at oral presentations,
- Overseeing Payroll Administrator workloads and communicating any potential risks or issued to the Manager
- Supporting the team to ensure that the team are achieving targets for internal finance purposes
- Managing personal workload and recording all time to support the achievement of the firm’s financial goals and milestones
- Mentoring and coaching team as part of firm’s people management policy and procedures.
- Ensure personal awareness of all relevant policy and procedures.
To qualify for the role you must have:
Ideally, you’ll also have:
Ability to handle increasingly high volume of work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment in a calm manner
Understanding of project management principles, such as PRINCE 2.
Understanding of financial service regulatory processes such as know your client and anti-money laundering
Payroll qualifications – (CIPP), are strongly preferred)
What we look for:
At EY we look to recruit people who are innovative, team players and flexible.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.