Excellent opportunity for a Microbiology Laboratory Technician (Maternity Cover) based in Magheralin
Microbiology Laboratory Technician (Maternity Cover)
Glanbia Cheese Ltd. is seeking to appoint a Microbiology Lab Technician based at the Magheralin site to work within the Quality department on a fixed term contract of 12 months to cover maternity leave.
Reporting to the Quality Manager the successful candidate will be required to:
- Participate in shift changeover brief and ensure next shift is provided with any relevant QA information.
- Ensure timely and accurate records are maintained of all Microbiology tests and checks.
- Maintain on going clear communication with Shift Supervisors / Managers shift on microbiology findings
- Preparation of microbial analysis agars, diluents.
- Collecting and aseptic testing of in line and finished products for microbiological analysis according to planned testing schedule.
- Carry out calibration/ monitoring checks on key laboratory equipment e.g balances, water baths, incubators and autoclave.
- Complete proficiency testing to include external proficiency testing. Trending and reviewing of results.
- Provide technical support to the production department e.g. 5 why analysis, A3’s.
- Review and stock laboratory and factory consumables in line with QA budget.
- Management of the QA budget against agreed spending targets.
- Maintain laboratory in a good standard of hygiene and housekeeping.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical development which may include trialling new laboratory equipment or methods.
- Ensure that all products meets customer specifications before releasing to customer e.g. on SAP.
- Ensure that all incoming ingredients and packaging meet agreed specifications before releasing to production
- Review, document and support management of product that does not meet customer specification.
- Carry out and comply with all company policies, procedures and instructions and any other reasonable duties deemed necessary by the company
The successful candidate must have:
- Degree or equivalent level in Microbiology / Food Science or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 1 years’ relevant laboratory experience.
- Able to work Rotating 12 hour day shifts with weekend work included.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of ‘Good Manufacturing Practice’, Laboratory practices, and workplace Health & Safety
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Team orientated
- Good time management, planning and organisation skills
- Flexible and adaptable to business needs
- A level of agility is required to permit access to all areas of the plant
- Previous experience in the food / dairy production environment
If you have the qualifications, experience and qualities necessary for this role, please apply by submitting your CV by Wednesday 21st August.
A competitive salary of £29,653 (pro-rated) will be offered the successful candidates, along with an attractive benefits package.
“We are an Equal Opportunity Employer”