Management Accountant (Temporary Contract)
Scope of Role
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the person will be responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts and to assist in improving and enhancing the business through proactive involvement in all aspects of the business from operations through to financial reporting.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts to month end time schedules.
- Working closely with the operations team to enhance decision making process.
- Preparation of variance reports with presentation of same.
- Preparation, presentation and distribution of KPI’s.
- Costing analysis.
- Enhancing financial reporting procedures to improve efficiency of the department.
- Budgeting and cash flow reporting.
- Assist FC and FD with other ad hoc projects / finance duties.
- Part Qualified Accountant.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) (Desirable)
Experience & Knowledge
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong IT literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and proficient use of an ERP systems.
- Experience of Sage Line 50 or similar Accounting software (Desirable).
- Standard costing (Desirable).
Abilities & Skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Capacity to work independently with limited supervision.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- To be flexible and work as part of a team.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly proactive and positive with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Must be very ‘hands on’