Excellent opportunity for a Land & Hydrographic surveyor based in Lisburn.
Orica BQS is currently seeking a Land & Hydrographic surveyor to operate from its Lisburn office in Northern Ireland.
To act as a surveyor, carrying out topographic and hydrographic surveys on a wide variety of sites across the EMEA Region, with the majority of work carried out within UK and Ireland. Our Clients include Quarries, Mines, Government Bodies, Civil Engineering Contractors / Consultants, Architects and Builders
- Topographical Surveys of Roads, Rivers, Greenfield and Industrial Sites
- Measured Building / Elevation
- Utility Surveys
- Boundary Surveys
- Setting Out
Processing of field data to generate survey deliverables as required by Clients’ specification
The ideal candidate will have some experience or at least a keen interest in:
- Liaise with Clients, site representatives and communicate issues to Senior Surveyor
- Proficient in the use of survey equipment e.g. Leica Robotic Total Stations and GNSS
- Competent in processing topographic and bathymetric data using LSS or equivalent
- Post-processing of GPS positional data using Leica Geo-Office
- Generating plans, cross sections, volume reports as high quality outputs in LSS / AutoCAD
- Collection of underground service data using field GPR and electronic detection equipment.
- Maintain a good knowledge of survey technology and software
- Ensure data collection is accurate
- Carry out monthly instrument checks
- Commitment to Safety
- Ability to follow procedures
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Working within time constraints
- Full driving licence
Education & Experience
- Degree / HND in Civil Engineering / Surveying or equivalent
- Operation of Robotic Total Stations, GNSS
- Survey processing software: LSS, AutoCAD or equivalent
To apply for this role, please click the APPLY NOW button below to upload an up to date copy of your CV.