Excellent opportunity for a Laboratory Manager based in Belfast
Clinty Chemicals Ltd is experiencing a period of growth and is in the process of expanding into the analytical services market for water, waste and renewable fuels to complement our existing services.
This is a rare opportunity for the right person to help set up and manage a successful business by actively seeking new customers in conjunction with running an efficient testing facility.
The post will be based at our head office in Duncrue Street, Belfast where onsite parking is available. The successful candidate will be expected to travel to other sites and to current and prospective customers.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Manage all laboratory operations and ensure tests are completed within a reasonable deadline
- Be responsible for the development and growth of the business
- Be the driver in achieving and maintaining UKAS accreditation
- Manage workflows, display a high level of time management and the ability to prioritise testing from internal and external sources.
- Be responsible for overseeing the efficient use of all staff and operational resources
- Develop new tests and procedures
- Analyse test results in conjunction with other staff
- Compile, review and maintain up to date operating procedures and keep informed of latest developments in standards and technology
- Take responsibility for stock levels of all consumables
- Identify any new equipment required and oversee installation
- Provide KPI’s on business turnover, overheads and workflow as required by management
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping
- Maintain all laboratory equipment and arrange all required inspection, servicing and calibration
- Train new laboratory staff in all aspects of the role and lab procedures
- Ensure staff comply with all regulations including PPE requirements
- Degree in Chemistry
- Experience working within a laboratory environment
- Practical knowledge of ISO 17025
- Ability to write SOP’s and protocols
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Clean driving licence
- Experience in compiling reports and KPI’s
- Experience in laboratory management
- Experience in managing staff
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV