Excellent opportunity for Heating Engineers and Plumbers based in Newry
Job Title: Heating Engineers and Plumbers
Team: Greenview Gas Operational Team
Job Location: TBC
Greenview Gas are recruiting for a number of experienced Heating Engineers (Oil, Gas, Electrical), to work on long term heating contracts.
Greenview Gas is delivering a significant long-term contract covering Belfast, Bangor, Newtownards and South regions. Due to this continued growth and recent new contracts we are looking to recruit Gas and Oftec heating engineers to join our team. Applicants must be experienced in Installation of new heating systems in Social housing properties on a range of domestic oil and gas boilers. This is a customer facing role and therefore would suit a candidate with great communication skills.
Responsibilities for Oil and/or Gas Engineers:
- At all times, be aware of and adhere to the requirements of the Company’s Health & Safety at Work Policy.
- Carry out installations of a variety of gas/ oil burning boiler manufacturers and appliances, efficiently and to a high standard.
- Role will be a mix of:
- Installing gas/ oil boilers heating systems and associated pipework / plumbing in across domestic residential sites
- completing Landlord Gas Safety Record (LGSR’s) checks
- Depending on the position applied for, the applicant is expected to hold one or more of the qualifications listed below:
- Recognised gas industry Level 3 qualification
- Gas Safe registration
- OFTEC Registered
- Relevant ACS, OFTEC or current ACOP’s equivalent qualifications
- CCN1, CEN1, WAT1 & LPG, CKR1 and HTR1, OFTEC (Permanent dwellings)
- Clean Driving Licence
- CSR Card
- A demonstrated commitment to H&S compliance
- Ability to demonstrate experience of the listed responsibilities
- Applicants must hold full driving licence and permission to work in UK.
- You must be polite and well-mannered with a helpful “will do” attitude
- As the majority of the work will be carried out in residential homes, we will require a recent DBS certificate or Greenview Heating will perform a DBS check as part of the on-boarding process
- Well organised and methodical, with ability to show attention to detail in all matters.
- Effective communication skills – ability to communicate at all levels, and respond well to people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and in a team environment.
- Strong sense of time management, punctuality and reliability.
- Conscientious, polite and amiable.
- Technically and commercially astute
- basic IT skills and good maths skills for making calculations
- the ability to follow technical layouts and diagrams
Greenview Gas is an equal opportunities employer committed to opportunity for all and offers competitive salaries, reflective of experience. Please note, an Access NI request will be required for this role. As an SME, the successful candidate will be provided opportunities to expand their skills and experience across a broad spectrum in a secure and thriving enviroment
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV