The Health and Safety Manager reports directly to the Director and will be responsible for a planned inspection and auditing regime that covers the Charles Brand.
Part of Lagan Specialist Contracting Group, Charles Brand is renowned for civil engineering & marine infrastructure projects with 185 years of complex civil engineering solutions across the UK & Ireland.
Company: Charles Brand Ltd
Job Type: Full-time – Permanent
Reporting to: Director
The Health and Safety Manager reports directly to the Director and will be responsible for a planned inspection and auditing regime that covers the Charles Brand. activities against Health & Safety legislation, Quality procedures, Client protocols and Environmental Legislation. Also responsible for the provision of Health & Safety advice to Charles Brand. staff and contributing to the growth and development of income producing H&S services in line with targets. Be fully aware of the commitment to travel as required both across and outside of the United Kingdom and ROI.
- Plan, implement and manage a programme of regular health, safety, quality and environmental (HSQE) inspections and audits of projects, recommend appropriate controls, and produce reports on compliance.
- Assist the implementation and management of a programme of regular (HSQE) inspections and audits of Supply Chain Partners to ensure compliance with Company requirements.
- Assist with HSQE training, including professionally accredited courses both internally and externally.
- Assist in the collation of the Division’s waste management statistics, sustainability statistics and documentation from service providers.
- Work with the Business Development/Pre Construction Department to optimize the PR / Marketing opportunities of the Charles Brand. Sustainable Development Programme. This may mean assistance with tenders and PQQ’s, as well as proactive approaches to clients / potential customers through business development.
- Support the continual review and development of the Company’s Integrated Management System in compliance with ISO:9001, ISO:14001 and OHSAS 18001 and assist in the changeover to the new ISO 45001 standard.
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of best practice.
- Provide HSQE support to Contracts Managers and Supply Chain Partners on all projects including HSENI notifiable projects, minor works, planned preventive maintenance and reactive works.
- Provide advice to Site Staff and Supply Chain Partners on the development of site health and safety plans and method statements in accordance with CDM Regulations.
- Support Site Managers and Operatives in the implementation of site plans, risk assessments, controls, procedures and Client protocols.
- Provide HSQE services to Clients and suppliers to contribute to the growth and development of income producing services.
- Ensure that Management are informed of any non-compliance immediately.
- Contribute to the Group HSQE initiatives and attend meetings, internally and externally.
- Collate and analysis of statistical information for HSQE key performance indicators and associated reports.
Job Measurement Data:
Divisional performance against targets
Completion of inspections and audits on time to the required standard
Divisions overall HSQE performance
Ensuring efficient systems and procedures are adhered to.
Contribution to value added activity.
Value provided to the Charles Brand Team and Company.
- Have at least 5 years relevant Health & Safety experience preferably with a Construction Contracting Company
- Possess a Third Level Qualification in Occupational H&S
- Hold membership of an affiliated body ie. IRSM , CMIOSH ,IOSH
- Registered on Health & Safety Consultant Register
- Demonstrable experience undertaking regular HSQE site inspections and audits and producing reports.
- Excellent IT skills that include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- The ability to work effectively both as part of a team and as an individual.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – and the ability to communicate across all levels.
- Experience working with Mechanical & Electrical projects
- Demonstrable experience in delivering a range of class-based training courses, including accredited training.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or equivalent with evidence of continuing development.
- Experience managing asbestos in the built environment.
- Strategic Awareness and Management
- Leadership & People Management
- Planning, Prioritising & Organising Skills
- Influencing, negotiation and interpersonal communication
- Self assertion and personal impact
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Customer Service Standards
How we’ll reward you
In return, we offer an attractive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
At Lagan Specialist Contracting Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we’ll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we’ll do whatever we can to help.
To apply for this post, please complete an application form or submit your CV to the HR department before 12 noon on Friday 23rd August 2019.