Excellent opportunity for a Financial Administrator based in Bangor.
The financial administrator is responsible for the financial management and administration of the organisation. Ballyholme Yacht Club is a busy sailing club with a membership of over 800. We currently run a full calendar of sailing, training and social activities all year round and host 2 or 3 national/international sailing events each year. We also provide opportunities for a number of other water based activities.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Manage all financial transactions – sales ledger, purchase ledger and general ledger.
- Manage all revenue streams including membership subscriptions, boat park fees, training revenue, bar and other ad hoc facilities users.
- Preparation and submission of monthly DD file and dealing with any queries relating to this.
- Cash handling including bar, floats, bank lodgements and change orders.
- Collect information for and prepare Sage payroll payments for employees and HMRC.
- Upload pension information to NEST.
- Create, send and follow up on invoices.
- Receive authorisation for and process supplier invoices, organise weekly payments to suppliers.
- Reconcile all bank accounts and supplier statements on a weekly basis and resolve discrepancies.
- Adhere to the club’s financial policies and procedures.
- Perform routine checks for spend vs budget and forecasted final spend for treasurer and executive committee monthly meetings.
- Manage budgets for events and projects within the club.
- Answer queries and provide assistance to members, suppliers and others as needed.
- Suggest changes or improvements to financial processes and procedures to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Production of regular financial reports for the various Committees.
- To help administrate the membership application process.
- Promote the Club internally in a professional and friendly manner and to deal pleasantly with front office encounters (in person and on the phone).
- Liaise with Treasurer and accountant to prepare end of year accounts.
- Other administrative/club duties as required
- Min 3 years’ experience in bookkeeping and knowledge of accounting techniques using Sage. (Previous experience in a similar club environment useful)
- Working knowledge of Sage Payroll and HMRC
- Diploma for Accounting Technicians (ATI) or working towards this qualification would be advantageous.
- Must be able to understand and prepare budgets.
- Must have high level of IT skills, with the ability to use a variety of Microsoft office programmes (Word, Excel).
- Excellent communication skills, capable of interacting with committees, other staff, volunteers, club members, professional bodies and members of the public.
- Must be confident and proactive to deal with any problems that may arise.
- Must have an energy and desire to contribute to a successful team environment.
- Must have high levels of personal organisation and the ability to prioritise work whilst maintaining an attention to detail in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work alone and produce work of a very high standard without supervision.
- A knowledge and understanding of sailing is not necessary for the role.
Salary range: £21,000-£25,000 per annum dependant on experience and qualifications, based on 37.5 hour week. Flexibility on a 4 day week may be considered for the right candidate. (salary and leave would then be pro rata accordingly)
Holidays 28 days per annum (including Bank Holidays) with additional days based on service to a maximum of 33.
To apply for this role, please click on the APPLY NOW button below to upload a current copy of your CV.
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd August 2019 @ 5.00pm