Applications are invited for the position of Finance Assistant within the AXA Derry/ Londonderry office (Vacancy Ref: 19000AIW/2019).
About the Role:
- To Ensure payments and receipts are adequately processed, including resolution of all discrepancies in as timely manner and/or escalated as appropriate.
- Ensure on-time receipts and efficient handling of receipts, under the direction of more senior member of the team
- Escalation of credit control issues relating to receipt of payments
- Accurate and timely reporting relating to receivables/payables including ageing
- Timely resolution of reconciliation discrepancies and escalation to team leader, where appropriate
- Maintenance of appropriate evidence for audit
- Documentation of financial processes and identification of potential improvements
- Compliance with risk control and regulatory requirements relevant to the role.
- Work with external and internal auditors during audits;
- Delivery of quality customer service specific to role
- Support ad hoc projects and testing as required
About the Person:
- Good Microsoft Excel/ Word Skills
- Good interpersonal skills; keeps appropriate people informed of progress
- Organises own work to ensure efficient and on time delivery of objectives
- Initiative: Works well on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and knowledge of products and processes to carry out tasks as required
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong numerical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of general accounting concepts (i.e., debits; credits)
- Ability to work on own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Self- motivated with good interpersonal skills and effective organisational skills AXA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from across all communities.
- Qualified in or currently pursuing a relevant business qualification; e.g. accounting technicians (IATI) or Finance related degree an advantage
AXA Ireland offer excellent benefits including competitive market salaries, Bonuses, active sports & social, generous pension scheme and training and development programmes to give you plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and embark upon new challenges.
Does this sound like the job for you?
To apply please click on the APPLY button below to be dirtected to our webiste to forward an up to date CV & accompany Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role on or before Monday 2nd September 2019.
AXA reserve the right to enhance the criteria to assist in shortlisting.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from across all communities. We ask all applicants to complete a monitoring form quoting vacancy ref 19000AIW /2019.
Visit www.axa.ie/axa-insurance-data-protection to view our Job Applicant Data Protection Statement.”
visit our Website to find out more about what AXA Ireland has to offer.