Excellent opportunity for a Estimator based in Mallusk.
McLaughlin & Harvey are one of the leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
To prepare analytical cost estimates and tenders, from receipt of enquiry to tender submission and to maintain a library of reference information.
To assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines. Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations.
The desired outcome being that the Company will achieve sufficient new work to enable continued growth in accordance with the Business Strategy.
- Carefully inspect tender document.
- Researching materials, equipment and labour costs and review potential Value Engineering options.
- Collecting quotations from material suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Planning project timescales and assess the level of risk on a project.
- Preparing and sub-contractor/supplier packages for sending out to the market.
- Analysing sub-contractor/supplier quotations for the most competitive and compliant.
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
- Monitoring the stages of projects to ensure that costs are kept in line with forecasts.
- Identify items to have enquiries sent out, together with specification, prelim elements and appropriate drawings.
- Monitor the enquiry process and submission quotation dates.
- Assess individual rates and prices, amend, create new or insert from material and subcontract quotations.
- Attend relevant meetings/site visits.
- Check off all tender information on allocation of a project.
- Prepare tender settlement documents for project deadlines/finalisation for pre-settlement with the Head of Estimating.
- Price up tenders using the Estimating System.
- As part of a team maintain, analyse and report on benchmark costs for all elements of the work contributing to the growth and continual improvement of the Estimating team.
- Presenting bids to management for settlement.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Educated to degree or HND level with relevant work experience.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role.
- This role will be based within our Frameworks division.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website