Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Not disclosed
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 4 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Domestic Assistant based in Belfast.
JOB TITLE: DOMESTIC ASSISTANT
TO WHOM RESPONSIBLE: HOUSE KEEPER
OBJECTIVE OF THE HOME:
Our objective in Towell House Residential Home is to establish a loving and caring environment with a homely atmosphere and to provide personal care to individual residents of the highest possible standard.
The Domestic Assistant is responsible for the cleanliness of the home and for the safe custody of all equipment and cleaning materials
1. Ensuring that all liquids, cleaning materials and solvents are locked away at all times unless in use.
2. Undertaking general cleaning of all areas, i.e. bedrooms, toilets, bathrooms, corridors, lounges, dining room, office.
3. Cleaning in a thorough way areas such as windows, ledges, etc.
4. Observing the correct use and care of equipment.
5. Reporting any breakdowns or defects in machinery or materials to the House Keeper.
6. Observing good hygiene practices.
7. Reporting any accident/incident which may occur.
8. Observing good safety practices at all times, thus ensuring the safety of residents, staff and members of the public.
9. Knowing and understanding the Home’s policies and procedures in relation to:
10. Conforming with the Home’s dress code at all times.
11. Participating in staff induction and training in order to maintain the highest level of service to all residents.
12. Assisting in other areas as required by Management.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO REVIEW IN THE LIGHT OF CHANGING CIRCUMSTANCES AND MAY INCLUDE ANY OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS MAY BE DETERMINED IN CONSULTATION WITH THE JOB HOLDER. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE RIGID AND INFLEXIBLE BUT SHOULD BE REGARDED AS PROVIDING GUIDELINES WITHIN WHICH THE INDIVIDUAL WORKS.
CVs NOT ACCEPTED AND CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY
Closing date for this post is 26th August 2019.
THIS MEMORANDUM SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS CONSTITUTING CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
TOWELL HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
AS REGULATED FACILITY APPLICANTS SHOULD BE AWARE AN ENHANCED ACCESS NI CHECK IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POST. APPLICANTS SHOULD ALSO BE AWARE A TRACE ON YOUR ACCESS NI CHECK DOES NOT NECESSARILY DISBAR FROM EMPLOYMENT. EACH CASE IS ASSESSED INDIVIDUALLY.
THE TOWELL BUILDING TRUST LTD HAS A WRITTEN POLICY ON THE RECRUITMENT OF EX- OFFENDERS. THIS IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST FROM TOWELL HOUSE.
TOWELL HOUSE HAS A WRITTEN POLICY ON THE SECURE HANDLING, USE, STORAGE AND RETENTION OF DISCLOSURE INFORMATION. THIS IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST FROM TOWELL HOUSE.