Deputy Housekeeping Manager within the Slieve Donard Resort and Spa
Deputy Housekeeping Manager – Slieve Donard Resort and Spa
Are you a dynamic, innovative and passionate leader who is a self-starter and a completer who inspires your team to deliver an exceptional guest experience in a luxurious resort?
If so, here at the Slieve Donard Resort & Spa we are now offering an amazing opportunity for an exceptional hospitality professional to apply for the position of Deputy Housekeeping Manager who will be responsible working in collaboration with the Executive Housekeeping Manager supporting Accommodation and Laundry for the day to day management and development of the resort and its team members.
- Assisting with the day to day management of the Housekeeping department.
- Leading and managing the Housekeeping team to deliver exceptional service and exceed guest expectations.
- Ensuring all bedrooms, public areas and laundry are properly maintained and presented to the hotel’s standards.
- Ensuring quality standards and procedures are fully understood, implemented and regularly reviewed.
- Assisting with the financial management, planning and organising of the Housekeeping operation.
- Assisting with the management of the Housekeeping budget and controlling expenditure.
- Ensuring the Housekeeping team assist guests with any reasonable request for hotel services.
- Ensuring the Housekeeping team receive appropriate training, coaching & development.
- Maintaining the security of bedrooms and stock, managing any breaches and dealing with lost property in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Ensuring staff use equipment and materials in the correct manner and that any problems are reported immediately.
- Ensuring you and the Housekeeping team respond to guest concerns and find the appropriate solution.
- Ensuring you and the Housekeeping team comply with all health, safety and hygiene policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with colleagues across departments to ensure a harmonious working environment where all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
What you will need (Essential Criteria):
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeping Manager, this challenging yet exciting position provides a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and confident individual who can make a significant contribution to the resort, we require you to:
- Be a dynamic, innovative, passionate, and modern day commercially focused leader.
- Be a standards driven self-starter and completer, who inspires your team to deliver an exceptional guest experience synonymous with the Hastings’ brand.
- Have 1 year similar previous experience within a Housekeeping management/Supervisory role, and be able to demonstrate strong people management and leadership capabilities.
- Have an eye for detail and an understanding of the standards expected in a luxury resort.
- Have excellent communication skills and be computer literate.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent staff training and development opportunities
- Discounted staff rates in our Spa and gift shop
- Discounted accommodation rates in all of the Hastings properties
- New uniform
- Free Staff meals provided while on duty
- 29 days’ annual leave per annum which increases to 31 days’ after 2 years.
- Free Car Parking
Job Type: Full-time
Closing Date Friday 23rd of August 2019
Apply now be sending your CV to Ethan Smyth (HR Assistant) via the apply now button.