Excellent opportunity for a Civil Engineer based in Mallusk.
Civil Engineer (Site Engineer)
McLaughlin & Harvey are one of the leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
The primary role is to take full responsibility and accountability for ensuring and delivering all aspects of a Civil Engineering project. The successful candidate will have a wide and varied remit making full use of their experience and skills.
- Responsible for following and implementing McLaughlin and Harvey procedures, inspections and forms
- Prepare, implement and approve where appropriate, Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) ensuring accurate and up to date records are maintained
- Ensure all site activities are undertaken in compliance with McLaughlin and Harvey SHEQ policies and procedures
- Ensure subcontractors, designers, clients, staff and visitors are inducted and approved risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) are in place
- Produce RAMS for directly employed labour and approve RAMS for other elements of the work
- Build strong relationships with management and supply chain
- Record, submit and monitor Non-conformance Reports (NCR) and maintain the NCR register.
- Ensure drawings, specifications and other contract documents are kept up to date
- Ensure that the project programme is available and communicated to the supply chain prior to work commencing
- With the assistance of the site agent develop short term look ahead programmes in collaboration with the supply chain
- Chair subcontractor progress meetings, prepare minutes from the meetings and distribute
- Produce weekly / monthly progress reports, as appropriate.
- Communicate programme risks to the management team and maintain records for contractual correspondence
- Plan and manage site resources to ensure there is a safe working environment and achieve the agreed programme.
- Ensure accurate daily records are maintained and communicated for labour, material and plant, including Sub-contractors.
- Ensure the management team are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
- BA (Hons) in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent technical knowledge of Civil Engineering and best practices.
- The successful candidate will be happy to travel and work throughout the UK
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website.