Excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant based in Ballymoney
The Assistant Accountant will report to the Finance Director.
An exciting opportunity to join a growing accounts team within one of Northern Ireland’s fastest growing companies. The successful candidate will be working within a busy accounts department ensuring the smooth running of the accounts function with the opportunity for personal growth and development within the role.
Recruiting for either Full Time (37.5) or Part Time position (22.5 hours/3 x 7.5 days per week)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation and development of monthly management accounts for the various divisions in the group.
- Assist the Finance Director and Auditors with the preparation of the annual statutory financial statements.
- Oversee monthly bank reconciliation process.
- Review and analyse Income statement expense accounts providing relevant feedback to appropriate departments.
- VAT return submission and reconciliation.
- Assist with Budgeting/Forecasting and carrying out Variance analysis.
- Journal Entries as required (Accruals, Prepayments, Payroll etc.)
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Provide assistance to accounts team on import documentation where necessary.
- Update and maintain fixed asset register.
- Pursue ongoing improvements in internal accounting processes between relevant company departments and within accounts department and provide individual training to other staff members on the same.
- Assist in developing internal audit processes.
- Ad hoc duties to support the Finance Director.
The ideal person will have or be able to:
- A Degree in Accounting or other related discipline OR be a qualified Accounting Technician.
- Studying towards or membership of a professional body, i.e. CIMA, ACA, ACCA is desirable.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in a busy accounts department or practice.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent IT Skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be a problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- Be able to communicate verbally and orally in a professional manner with people both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- High motivation levels and keenness to work as part of a successful team.
- A willingness to take on responsibility within the team.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary dependent on experience
- 31 Days holidays
- Generous discounts across all divisions
- Staff social events – which this year have included a visit to The Lake, Treasure Hunt and family BBQ but to name a few.
- Health Benefit Scheme on completion of 6 month probation
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website